cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a ticket while driving because of my Instinct. **bleep** backlight is a beacon in the dark.

Journeyman

I got a ticket while driving because of my Instinct. **bleep** backlight is a beacon in the dark.

It's illegal to drive while talking on your Cellphone in Chicago. My Bluetooth headset battery was dead and I had no choice but to answer a call from my boss. Cop pulled me over and said he saw my phone "Glowing" from across the street. My fat cheek must have bumped the screen a bit and kicked the brightness level up. Now that I think about it, I've noticed that glow emanating out of the side of my head many times while driving at night. I see it in my rear-view mirror. It takes away your night vision too.

CURSE YOU SAMSUNG INSTINCT

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: I got a ticket while driving because of my Instinct. **bleep** backlight is a beacon in the dar

you shoulda hit the nav button. it's not illegal to use a gps in chicago is it?

Journeyman

Re: I got a ticket while driving because of my Instinct. *bleep* backlight is a beacon in the dark

@sweet greggo wrote:

I'm fairly certain your GPS won't work while you're on the phone. Unless you're already navigating when you receive a call and then hit the back button when done. Your response wasn't very well thought out. Good try though.

Journeyman

Re: I got a ticket while driving because of my Instinct. **bleep** backlight is a beacon in the dar

If the choice is, "boss waits ten minutes" and "I get a ticket," guess who's waiting? 😉

Journeyman

you could have pulled over to talk

you could have pulled over to talk

Journeyman

Try putting it on always dim. Backlight shuts off! lol Qu...

Try putting it on always dim. Backlight shuts off! lol Quick to blame an inanimate object rather than the operator!

Journeyman

I guess you can now sue Sprint and give them a good reaso...

I guess you can now sue Sprint and give them a good reason to implement Screen Lock during calls, haha.

Journeyman

Re: I guess you can now sue Sprint and give them a good reaso...

Just put it on speakerphone and keep it down low.

Journeyman

Re: I got a ticket while driving because of my Instinct. *bleep* backlight is a beacon in the dark

@MP715 wrote:

@sweet greggo wrote:

I'm fairly certain your GPS won't work while you're on the phone. Unless you're already navigating when you receive a call and then hit the back button when done. Your response wasn't very well thought out. Good try though.

Ya, sorry. I mistook you for someone that would be smart enough to end the call first. My mistake. I should have typed slower.

Journeyman

Wow Hey why didnt you turn on your speaker phone on or p...

Wow Hey why didnt you turn on your speaker phone on or plug it into your car radio? The instinct has a 3.5 mm audio jack. If you plug it into the cassette adapter or auxiliary jack it work really good.

Journeyman

Re: Try putting it on always dim. Backlight shuts off! lol Qu...

I used a phone a lot for texting when on a greyhound bus late at night. I ALWAYS have my phone set to "always dim"

And let me tell you, this phone is BRIGHT when it's dark out, even when set to always dim. I almost couldn't believe it, I couldn't look directly at the phone for too long.

Patron

Shouldn't be using your phone while operating a moving ve...

Shouldn't be using your phone while operating a moving vehicle anyway. Speaking as an avid daily motorcycle rider, you wouldn't understand how friggin dangerous it is or how many times I've almost been trashed by some inattentive, oblivious douche more intent on carrying on a meaningless conversation instead of concentrating on not running into other drivers/riders. I think every state should adopt no cell phone behind the wheel law, and make the fine so exoribtant that people would think twice before they potentially risk injuring or killing someone just so they can tell Wilma or Barney what they did last night. Sorry Brah, but it serves you right.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat