cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an iphone..

Patron

I got an iphone..

A friend sold me his dirt cheap (cheaper than the instinct after the MIR)...and i can say is far superior than the Instinct. Sprint, you better sprint into real promises before a million more leaves

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: I got an iphone..

COngrats! Best of luck.

Removeable SD, A2DP and MMS are the reasons Im still holding on to this phone.

You will be missed!

Patron

I still have my instinct. I just bought the iphone for the price he gave it to me...lets say, cheaper than the Instinct after the MIR

Journeyman

You've still gotta get an AT&T service plan for it though

Journeyman

yeah no DUH its a better phone. There is no comparison. The instinct is a joke, and we're all dumb for buying into the iphone vs instinct ads.

Journeyman

Unless you like the slim form factor, voice guided navigation, swappable batteries, swappable memory cards, etc.

Journeyman

After having an ipod touch for 3 months, I realized my unresponsive buggy ic902 was just not cutting it as a mobile device. Nextel seemed to never move far enough with technology. Unfortunatly I couldn't get out of contract without paying for it thus I decided to go to the instinct.

Compared to my last phone, it is far superior in performance, but sadly their where features on that phone that this one doesn't have, for instance the adress book on it was far more superior, and I could even do video ringers. both the calendar and contacts synced with outlook, (the contact syncing sucks for the instinct, it only syncs your first folder of contacts from outlook to the phone so if you have more than one folder then you have to do it individually. It also doubles up on last names for some reason, so if you have two friends with the same last name it seems to put them under one contact when put in through sprint. Any fixes to either of these would be much appreciated)

As far as the iphone goes..... Well having an ipod touch and having used an iphone by friends, well, it just can't match up. Even with the keyboard just recently added, all that did was let us use some (I want to emphasize the word some) java apps designed for touch screens. To be honest I am not impressed at all by this. Very few apps seem to work compared to that of the iphone or G1 which have an onboard app system. What seemed to happen with the Instinct, is it was very rushed, and very miss advertised. I think its completely unfair to us to advertise it as such an iphone killer when it doesn't even live up to it's own potential. I mean look at the recent update. We all thought we would get a load of apps we could then use! but no, and the ones that we can, are just not integrated enough with the system.  I feel like I am using a prototype phone. I have to go through two screens just to type with the apps. (the keypad screen, the keyboard screen, then back to the keypad screen then finally back to the app.)

It doesn't feel as if enough attention is being made to give us what we were told we were getting. For everything they advertise is better, or added, they are missing something else or it isn't that good.

-For example, video captureing is cool, but video quality, for even the ones you put on it, is not so great, specifically with dark colors.
-I really can't complain too much about the gps because that is I love this feature and is one of the reasons I was ok with not being able to get an iphone, all I could ask for from it is, better maps, make the maps more like google maps, with satelite and maybe even stret view and then It would beat any gps I have ever seen.
-Visual voicemail is cool, but there aren't any options to change the voicemail greeting on the fly like the iphone, which isn't major, but is just one of the many small features that make this phone misadvertised.
-The calendar is also lacking, as well as the ability to sync.

if this phone was advertised as a simple samsung touchscreen, there wouldn't really be much for us to complain about as we knew what we were getting into, but to compare to the iphone, and believe me I have seen the ads EVERYWHERE, it's not fair to us. Not even the interface is half as atractive, removable battery and sdhc's is good, I wont say the iphone is perfect either, but If your going to compare chevy cavilier to a porshe then you better expect people to want some improvments to make up for what they thought they were getting.

I think sprint should make a forum thread, (that they actually will use not just look at) for us to all put our good ideas as to what this phoen needs, and start implementing, starting with a an upgraded UI, and some dedicated apps designed for the instinct (and please no montly fee's thats not competitive at all with the G1 or iphone, they have several apps for free, or small prices) a dedicated app store, the features it has being a bit more innovative, and for goodness sack an unlock button that doesn't require you to press the off button. Sometimes It even unlocks in my pocket if I am leaned up against something, make a slide or pull or something onscreen lock.  I know the hardware has limitations but I also know that sometimes pushing those limitations is what makes a great phone as long as it's done right.

Take an iphone, take a G1 take a Storm, and every other touchscreen out there, look at them, study them, know what they do, and then innovate, do what hasn't been done while making sure to give the people what they would expect from the phones already. Listen to the people, give them options and flexibility and believe me any phone that does this will sell and be a true iphone killer!

I know the instinct doesn't have the hardware to compete with the iphone regardless, and if it does, well for goodness sack let it, but Sprint, you WILL loose customers, unless you give this phone some more attention. It has potential, we all know that and I doubt anyone here can disagree, but it's just not being given the chance to use it. 

[Just did some formating here to help you get your point accross MikeLee]

Message Edited by MikeLee on 11-29-2008 01:05 PM

Wizard

^ you didn't want anybody to read your post, did you?

Don't be afraid of paragraphs. They are you friends.

Journeyman

well go to an apple blog and jump on their bandwagon. i d...

well go to an apple blog and jump on their bandwagon. i dont care and could care less if ya got an iphone. your just taking up useful space here posting this.

Journeyman

Re: well go to an apple blog and jump on their bandwagon. i d...

Uh, I don't think he ever mentioned anything about getting an iPhone. He's in the same boat that I (and manny other existing Sprint customers) are in, and he deserves to voice his opinion. Part of the reason I got an Instinctwas because I too did not want to break my contract w/ Sprint and pay the fine for doing so...

Now, I feel like I should have stayed with the phone I had and bought an Ipod Touch instead... Like I was planning to do in the first place.

If you don't mind paying for features that don't work, and continue to cling to the notion that this phone works fine and dandy, that's up to you... Start a thread about how swell you think the Instinct is... Don't dump on people for voicing legitimate grievances.

Journeyman

he didnt mention getting one???!lol well go get an ipod o...

he didnt mention getting one???!lol well go get an ipod or iphone then and quit ya whining!

Journeyman

Re: he didnt mention getting one???!lol well go get an ipod o...

What a well thought out response...

In case you're not paying attention, it was the OP who said he got an iPhone.. Not the person you were responding to... And if you're still having trouble with your comprehension skills, maybe you should re-read our last posts... Perhaps then, you'd understand why neither Rex or myself are going to get an iPhone...

I'm not about to throw $200 dollars at Sprint to break my contract, after they've already soaked me for a phone that doesn't work the way it should... THEN shell out some more money for an iPhone, and pay a higher monthly rate...

Even if Sprint turned around tomorrow and released me from my contract with no penalty, and refunded the money I paid for the Instinct, I STILL wouldn't get an iPhone... So if your best response to those who are unsatisfied with the Instinct is: "Why don't you get an iPhone, and shut up!", you'll have to find a better way to keep people from bursting your Instinct bubble...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat