cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have many questions!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have many questions!

most of my questions are about how "I" aparently got the only good instinct. I have NO Major Issues... I can download the websites that everyone says cause crashes. my web browsing is as fast or faster than my friends iPhone, Navigation works perfectly, I get text messages, emails and voicemails instantly. That being said there are a couple of things that could be better of course.. a better camera with a flash and synch with iTunes, slingbox compatibility, and a few others but I knew those things going in to it. the only issue i have had is that one of my 5 email addresses is not working. it is the exact same server as the other 4 but I am getting an error setting it up but I am sure that is just user error on my part. Here is one thing I am wondering. are the people having issues those that may be living in more remote araes and not have the fastest possible connection available in their area. I live right in the middle of Dallas and have not taken the phone out of the area.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

I isn't that it is a bad phone it is that Sprint advertis...

I isn't that it is a bad phone it is that Sprint advertised it as a smart phone. Which it is not!! I and my wife had numerous conversation with sprint representative about the phone capabilities. They said it would link with outlook, which it doesn't They said that it would act as a modem for my computer which it will not. It will not even allow you to rip your own cds to it. It is an expensive toy that doesn't work very well.

Journeyman

I have my CDs on my phone!

I have my CDs on my phone!

Journeyman

Re: I have my CDs on my phone!

I have my cd's on my phone also. . . . .Didn't even need to download the software onto my computer to do it. . . . talk about asimple phone to use!

Journeyman

I just got my Instinct and so far I'm pleased with it. I...

I just got my Instinct and so far I'm pleased with it. I did have some initial issues getting to the web, but I do live in a remote area. I went into the Sprint store to transfer my contacts to the phone and explained the issues I was having and everything worked fine in the store. Since then everythng streams fine, even videos. I was able to load my music after installing the media manager o n my computer for the Instinct. I never thought it was a smart phone nor did i ever see it advertised as such. I always thought it was in direct comparisan to the Iphone. I took advantage of the rebates, so I didn't pay that much. After applying my rebates, the phone ended up costing me $100.00. The only question I have is can your songs be converted into ringers?

Journeyman

I can concur with many of the above comments. I have not...

I can concur with many of the above comments. I have not any problems as far as the things that I want to do on my phone. Navigation, web browsing, service/reception have all been excellent. The only issue I've wondered about is the ability to download a picture from a text message. For instance, if someone sends me a picture mail is goes into my TEXT mail and not the PICTURE mail folder and when I open the browser I don't have an option of downloading/saving the picture to my phone. With previous phones I was able to do this which helped with photo ids for my contacts. If anyone has suggestions, comments or how-to instructions, I'd greatly appreciate them. *Thank you in advance*

Journeyman

Re: I just got my Instinct and so far I'm pleased with it. I...

"The only question I have is can your songs be converted into ringers?"

Check out myxer.com you can upload your songs to the site, edit them, and then download them to your phone.

Journeyman

I have to concur. I haven't had any real issues with my I...

I have to concur. I haven't had any real issues with my Instinct. Thought I was the only one with a 'good' phone lol. Not a single browser crash, even in going to ALL the sites repeatedly that other users have experienced problems with. Making your own ringers is simple btw. You just need an uploader to send it to your phone, and there are MANY websites that can be used for that. I highly recommend sprintusers.com, which is a non-Sprint affiliated website with lots of info on the forums to help should you ever have issues. It, like this forum, is a user based community that gathers to help one another. Oh, also, I recommend Audacity to actually create your ringer (or do all kinds of sound related tasks). It is a FREEWARE program that you can download. Make sure you read their info to know how to use it (in particular the part on creating/exporting .mp3's). You can create all sorts of sounds to be made as ringers, even your own recordings, etc.

Journeyman

I love my phone also. I was just wondering if anyone know...

I love my phone also. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to set a reminder for your missed events?

Journeyman

Not sure about that one. My phone beeps once in awhile af...

Not sure about that one. My phone beeps once in awhile after a missed event. I can't find anything that turns that off, on, or changes it.

Journeyman

Re: Not sure about that one. My phone beeps once in awhile af...

No No No .. i have the only good one ,, and i live in an area thats about as remote as it can get

but one thing i would like to see improved is with the Navigation feature to have the ability to search with in an adjustable or specific distance and not only whats if is relatively close to me

in other words the ability to search for a store or business regardless how far away it is

i did a search for Bass pro shops and found none until i changed my search to a recent place i was at but was miles away from where i currently was

so the ability to add a " with in X amount of Miles " option would be a neat litle boost

my current alternative is using telenav.com to locate where i want to go and sending it to my phone

other than that its a Gem

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat