cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help! Data error# 49657

Highlighted
Journeyman

I need help! Data error# 49657

I got my Instinct yesterday. Had to call in to activate because it wouldn't activate on the website. I can make calls and text just fine, but I can't access the web or do anything associated with data. It gives me an error saying "profile update could not be completed error# 49657". We have tried everything like resetting the MSID and reseting under the data menu using ##data#. She finally had to set up a ticket for someone else to look at. She couldn't reset my data on her end, so she had me access it of the phone and enter in my username and other numbers like that look like this "123.456.789.123". I notice now when I go back to that menu, it only has "000.000.000.000" That doesn't seem right. It's like it erased whatever we put in earlier. I think it did that when we reset the whole phone from the hidden hardware setup menu? Have not been able to get on the web or use any of the cool features on this phone. Any ideas?

Tags (4)
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: I need help! Data error# 49657

Did you Restart your instinct?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh yes. Like I've said, I've done everthing. The phone ha...

Oh yes. Like I've said, I've done everthing. The phone has been restarted many, many times! Should I try to call tech support again to see if someone else has better luck?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my phone for over 2 weeks now and mine just st...

I have had my phone for over 2 weeks now and mine just started doing that today! Anytime I press "Update Data Profile", "Update Software" or "Update PRL" I get the same error????????????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine does it when I try to use the web or any application...

Mine does it when I try to use the web or any application, as well as update profile. I have not been able to use the web once since I got my phone. I have an expensive plan, but can't use all the cool stuff instinct was designed for. I sent them an email asking them to send me another phone with a return kit so I can send this one back. They wouldn't let me exchange it at the local sprint stores because they are not corporate! I ordered the phone off sprint.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Mine does it when I try to use the web or any application...

As part of the Sprint 30-Day Risk-Free Guarantee, customers who ordered their device via sprint.com have two options to return. As you noted, the first is to return to a Sprint corporate-owned store. You can use the store locator to find the one nearest you. www.sprint.com/storelocator. The second is by way of a return kit in the mail. Instructions and further details of our return & exchange policy can be reviewed at www.sprint.com/returns.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got this phone today and it has been HELL trying to get anything to work. I've been on the phone with SO MANY sprint agents, it's not even funny. AND NONE OF THEM KNOW HOW TO FIX A DANG THING!!

I noticed that my phone does not show the "username" for my phone (should show up in the phone) and it says "pcs vision: disabled"

does anyone know how to enable any of it ?

I can go to ##DATA# and find where to enter my username, but it wants some code..

can anyone help?

thanks,

Annette

Highlighted

Did you get this fixed?, mine is doing it now also...

Did you get this fixed?, mine is doing it now also...

Highlighted
Journeyman

To resolve the issue with customer receiving the error code 49657, we need to be able to get into the ##DATA# area and restore the internet settings to defaults and then have the device register again with the network for the user profiles for data services.  To do this customers will need to call into sprint tech support or advanced tech support as there is a code which is individual to each phone to be able to restore those settings.  After doing this the device should work properly.

Highlighted
Master

Re: the first step is get your MSL number from tech support....

Make sure to write down and keep your MSL number. You may need that in the future as there are websites with tweaks for the phone that you might find useful.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my phone for about a month now. It was giving me the same error for about 24 hours after activation. I called sprint and they of course tried to fix it, but it didn't work. I fianally talked to someone that told me that sprint was having network issues in areas all over the country. Mine finally started working on its own the next day. Just a thought, but maybe netowrk issues again?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have been on the phone and numerous chat sessions r...

I too have been on the phone and numerous chat sessions related to the Error:49657 issue. I have spoken/chatted with the Tech Support and did the network reload process. I was told to leave phone on for about an hour and power down totally. Turn phone back on and still have the Error:49657 problem when I try to connect to the web. I am considering a change if this can't be resolved. The required plan to support this phone costs too much and the inability to use the phone with all features is not acceptable. I have an appointment with the local Sprint Store for more support (waste of time or not ??). I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat