Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some clarification...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I need some clarification...

@bnsaflsujt wrote:
I know that much, it also exists about 160 miles east of me (Sulphur or Lake Charles, LA) in Baton Rouge. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I have dialup like speeds, I can stream video through orb, albeit a little choppy... But the main problem was that the rep said we would get the higher speed (3G) by this time. I was lead on and am getting more fed up by the week.... AND IM USUALLY A PATIENT PERSON!!!

Video is choppy on all instincts and we are all impatient about it. It's not your local tower's fault. Amuse yourself with Opera Mini while we wait for a video fix. It at least gives the appearance of speed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, tell me if this makes any sense: I get better video through Orb than I do through Sprint TV... MUCH BETTER. And yes, I love Opera Mini. I have also been trying to make a couple of programs not designed for the instinct work on the instinct such as the vlkgps.... I have it working almost, but even with an edited _polcy.txt, it wont access the GPS. On a seperate chat with sprint, I explained how I couldn't get the Root Developer Certificate to download to my phone, and the lady thought I was talking about a game!!! After explaining it to her, she said that she checked with some people, and the link is bad, with no way to get a working certificate to my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bnsaflsujt wrote:
Actually, tell me if this makes any sense: I get better video through Orb than I do through Sprint TV... MUCH BETTER.

The video problems have never made any sense to me. Sideloaded mp4's scaled to the instinct screen look great and network speed seems good enough to feed it. What seems even stranger to me are the annoying radio dropouts. If all sprint phones did that I'd think they were doing it on purpose because they didn't think their network could handle it if everyone used streaming video and audio, but apparently it is just the instinct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, going back to the original question, I was told we would get 3G in 3 months, but my phone still just shows Vision. What question do I need to ask sprint to find out when I will get Power Vision in our area? Do I ask about 3G, EVDO rev A, or something else?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat