cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my money back!

Highlighted
Patron

I want my money back!

I can;t watch TV! Phone freezes when I go to TV. I already did the Data Profile, removed the battery, etc. I'm paying for a plan that has TV, but due to stupid errors from Sprint I can't watch it. I want my plan rorated, and having to pay less. This is completely unaceptable that I'm paying for something I can't use.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Patron

@jonnythan wrote:

@NSpeed wrote:

@jonnythan wrote:
So return it and get your money back.

I got it the day it was released. Also this is Sprint issue, not mine. They should fix it. They advertised Live TV, they should have Live TV, at least working. Returning the phone is just giving up. We should NOT give up on this. Sprint wants better costumer service? Well start servicing their costumers.

Why didn't you return it in the first 30 days if you were so unhappy with it?

By that, SPrint kept saying they would update the phone. And since Patience is a good virtue, I decided to wait. Updates got a little bit slow. I gave SPrint a chance, but delays kept making it worse.

Seriously. I'm seeing this a lot. People bought a phone, hated it, but kept it past the last possible return date (a generous 30 days) just assuming that everything would get better?

Look top reply.

I understand your frustration with the phone, since the problems you experience aren't getting fixed. But if you enter into a contract with a product you hate on vague, unwritten promises and expectations, you, IMO, forfeit the right to reneg on the contract months later because the vague, unwritten promises never showed up.

Again, I got a little patience, but I'm kinda losing it. I hate lies, Sprint in my book is a liar. They want better costumer satisfaction, and as far as I know, they are not giving it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@jonnythan wrote:
But if you enter into a contract with a product you hate on vague, unwritten promises and expectations, you, IMO, forfeit the right to reneg on the contract months later because the vague, unwritten promises never showed up.

If I was of the inclination to wish ill will upon someone, I'd have to say I would hope your phone self-destructs. Perhaps then you would be singing a different tune. We've all heard your song enough, now. We know it by heart, seriously.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I have 2 days left to return the phone. I like what I see so far, but everything I'm paying for isn't working but is promised to be fixed.

So jonathan do I return the phone and get stuck with a second choice I may like less for 2 years or keep the Instinct and hope that Sprint fixes the issues they say they are goin to, but risk them not and being stuck with this for 2 years?

BTW, I really do get tired of hearing "just return it". What kind of solution is that? Sprint took my money for a product and or service that they did not deliver...so why is the onus on me to jump through hoops to make things right? Do I get to bill for my wasted time, headaches and missed voice mails? Where do I even send that bill? Your attitude underscores the issue of customer service in general. Want to reduce churn...then take care of your customers.

We are loosing a million subscribers a qrt...that's what happens when you tell your customers to "just return it"...they did and now they give their money to someone else...

Highlighted
Patron

i wish there was a way to go on strike or something. i want my money back and some

Highlighted
Patron

WHy Apple CAN release updates in timely manner when their users find bugs on the iPhone, but Sprint lacks? Honestly, there's no excuse to be over 6 months working on a single bug. Heck, is it really complicated? I doubt so. The iPhone has a full OS, even more complete than the crappy OS our phone has. Sprint needs to respond more timely.

And next time SPrint, DO NOT RUSH HARDWARE. History has tought us before. Look at the Xbox 360. Microsoft wanted to be first, they had to spend BILLIONS repairing faulty 360s. Look at the Instinct! Rushed to beat the iPhone launch day, and we are rasnting here. Rush job means crappy job.

From what I've seen and read, this phone was probably going to be released by the end of this year, along with the Lotus, Rant, Highnote and the Diamond Pro. I'm sure about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MarkBugs wrote:

@jonnythan wrote:
But if you enter into a contract with a product you hate on vague, unwritten promises and expectations, you, IMO, forfeit the right to reneg on the contract months later because the vague, unwritten promises never showed up.

If I was of the inclination to wish ill will upon someone, I'd have to say I would hope your phone self-destructs. Perhaps then you would be singing a different tune. We've all heard your song enough, now. We know it by heart, seriously.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@NSpeed wrote:

WHy Apple CAN release updates in timely manner when their users find bugs on the iPhone, but Sprint lacks? Honestly, there's no excuse to be over 6 months working on a single bug. Heck, is it really complicated? I doubt so. The iPhone has a full OS, even more complete than the crappy OS our phone has. Sprint needs to respond more timely.

And next time SPrint, DO NOT RUSH HARDWARE. History has tought us before. Look at the Xbox 360. Microsoft wanted to be first, they had to spend BILLIONS repairing faulty 360s. Look at the Instinct! Rushed to beat the iPhone launch day, and we are rasnting here. Rush job means crappy job.

From what I've seen and read, this phone was probably going to be released by the end of this year, along with the Lotus, Rant, Highnote and the Diamond Pro. I'm sure about it.

Single bug?

MR-3 addressed 249 open tickets on the original firmware. MR-4 is addressing at least 50 more.

Highlighted
Patron

@jonnythan wrote:

@NSpeed wrote:

Single bug?

MR-3 addressed 249 open tickets on the original firmware. MR-4 is addressing at least 50 more.

've been reffering to the TV since the whole beggining. 3rd Party Apps are not managed by Sprint. And again, goes back to my theory of the rushed phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

One of the reasons is because with EACH UPDATE, new bugs are introduced. We are seeing more new problems than old ones being fixed.

Sprint promises updates and fixes, but those fall WAY outside of the 30 day trial. You are so one track minded. I didn't start encountering crashes and freezes until about week 3. Since I bought my phone on the first day it was released, I was told to give it some time because there were a lot of updates waiting. Well since Spring is SLOW at updating, I had to make a decision to stick with the phone and hope that Sprint actually wanted to really support the phone, or go with a different phone. In retrospect, I sort of wish I would have stayed with my A900 or not renew my contact and went with a different carrier.

There's a reason why Sprint is in last place among all the mobile carriers. The bad customer support is the reason they ranked lowest in a recent JD Powers survey. The lack of support with the Instinct only adds fuel to the fire.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@jonnythan wrote:

Sorry, though. You're not going to bully me around.

I laughed out loud when I read this. You're taking this stuff way too personally. Why don't you make an attempt to get into the "helping" spirit of this forum instead of butting heads with everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MarkBugs wrote:

@jonnythan wrote:

Sorry, though. You're not going to bully me around.

I laughed out loud when I read this. You're taking this stuff way too personally. Why don't you make an attempt to get into the "helping" spirit of this forum instead of butting heads with everyone.

The only spirit in this thread is complaining. I try to help wherever I can.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@jonnythan wrote:

The only spirit in this thread is complaining. I try to help wherever I can.

Hmmm... just looked at your posts. Can't say I see a single instance of you helping someone with a problem. Which is fine. It's a free country. Post away.Meanwhile, I'm tired of this exchange. I'd rather actually get back to helping some more people with their Instinct issues.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat