cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know more about the Calendar and Data Base Functions , Contacts , Memo , To Do List .

Highlighted
Patron

I want to know more about the Calendar and Data Base Functions , Contacts , Memo , To Do List .

I currently have Data in my handhelp Palm Device ... Palm Visor ... I want to know if the Data can be transferred to the Instinct ? Does Instinct have software with similar fields as Palm , so data will transfer under the same field names ? How do you transfer all the Data ?

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: I want to know more about the Calendar and Data Base Functions , Contacts , Memo , To Do List

@Lobo wrote:
I currently have Data in my handhelp Palm Device ... Palm Visor ... I want to know if the Data can be transferred to the Instinct ? Does Instinct have software with similar fields as Palm , so data will transfer under the same field names ? How do you transfer all the Data ?

It's not likely that anything other than contact info that converts to vcards will transfer directly. Your best shot will be to transfer to a PC and figure out what format will work for a conversion. I don't think the instinct has any database-like programs like you might have used on the palm. For read-only access you might use excel on the PC. For plain text, I'd recommend setting up a free email account on google or yahoo just for the purpose of getting things back and forth to the phone. You can use this for excel, word and pdf attachments too but you can't edit them on the phone. There are some other posts on this forum about getting outlook sync set up. If you have the palm syncing already, you might be able to get the contacts and calendar over that way.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat