cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTINCT V. BLACKBERRY CURVE 8330

Patron

INSTINCT V. BLACKBERRY CURVE 8330

Hi All,

I sure hope someone can give me an informed opinion because I only have about 3 days left of my 30 day before I can't do a return. I purchased the Blackberry Curve 8330 and like it a lot. Really, I don't use it for anything except my phone calls, text and emails. When I saw the instinct came out I called and ordered it and arranged to return my blackberry. I haven't even opened the Instinct yet because I keep reading all the reviews and I just can't figure out if the Instinct is good, bad or indifferent. What should I do? Which is better? If anyone knows and can give me their opinions I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Judy

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Honestly i have not used the Curve before so i don't know...

Honestly i have not used the Curve before so i don't know how useful this will be to you but if you are using it for phone calls only, the only real thing people are complaining about is e-mail and Syncing features so what you need to do is think about what features you want in a phone and pick the phone that has the best features for you. You can go by peoples opinions but it's all about what you like because one person might not like the phone but another person does. Maybe go to a store and test drive the instinct.

Journeyman

I just got my Instinct so I haven't got a chance to try i...

I just got my Instinct so I haven't got a chance to try it, and I don't have a Blackberry at all so I'm not much help on that. But the only true way you'll ever know which is better is you'll have to open your Instinct and try it. This phone is pretty much like anything else out there, some will love it, others will hate it and the rest will say it's ok.

Journeyman

You really can't compare the two. IMO the BB excels at ge...

You really can't compare the two. IMO the BB excels at getting email to you. The keyboard is nice as it learns from what you type, and it auto corrects. The Instinct does not do spell corrections. It does make the word RED if it is miss-spelled. But it does not auto correct. You can use both a Mac or PC with the BB. I got the instinct just because I needed the latest device out there on the Sprint network. I like it. It does take some time getting acclimated to the virtual keyboard but it does work. You get email alerts for email. Web browsing is not much different in terms of speed. All in all I like the Instinct put others will hate it. It's a cool device. I am still learning it's quirks as with all phones.

Journeyman

i am having the same problem. i bought the BB 8830 and i...

i am having the same problem. i bought the BB 8830 and i had it for about one week befor the instinct came out so i swaped phones 2 days ago. BB has the tasks app. wich is not in the samsung. the only thing samsung sync is the contact list. like i said i just got the instinct 2 days ago and still learning. i do miss my BB. i hope this will help u make your mind. please let me know.

Re: i am having the same problem. i bought the BB 8830 and i...

i am having no problems with my instinct

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat