Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS THERE A WAY TO SAVE PHOTOS THAT ARE SENT THROUGH PICTURE MAIL?

Journeyman

IS THERE A WAY TO SAVE PHOTOS THAT ARE SENT THROUGH PICTURE MAIL?

I noticed when someone sends me a photo, it takes me to the internet (sprint's website), and there doesn't seem to be a way to save the image to my phone. Can someone help?

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

no one has a response?

Journeyman

I had a few sent to me by some friends awhile back... but my phone crapped out on me and I lost EVERYTHING on the phone... ring tones, contacts, downloaded games and picture mail. I was hoping that pics sent from text would go to the card, especially since you cannot open a text attachment in email up with no card inserted in the phone.

I am sure some of the people who use things like BitPim and so on might have a better explanation of where on the phone the pictures are stored, but I do not think they go to the card.

Journeyman

that's the weird part. The way I receive photos seems to be different than the way everyone else does. I get a text message with a link in it. I click on the link and I go to browse. From there I can view the message details, and look at the photo, but I'm on the sprint photo website so I can't download the pictures. Am I the only one that receives picture mail like this?

Journeyman

are all of your pic mails like this? are you only getting them from the same person? what carrier are they being sent from? maybe the person sending them to you does not have MMS and it sends them an alternate way perhaps.

Journeyman

actually, it's always been like this, no matter who sends pictures to me (verizon, at&t, sprint, t-mobile). I always thought, that's just the way that you view picture mail haha. Is there some setting on my account that does this? It was the same way on my old phone too (samsung A640).

Journeyman

Any pictures sent from one phone (or even someone's e-mail) to another Sprint phone will also appear in the picturemail inbox on www.sprint.com/picturemail (for up to 60 days I believe) so you can receive them there.

As far as saving pictures to the phone those options should be listed on the device there once you receive a picture. Once I can obtain a demo and test it I'll post what I find.

Journeyman

I'm looking through Sprint's website to see if there's some option that's turned on so that picture mail is automatically received as a link but I can't find anything. Are you guys saying you get the picture as a text message, and it can be automatically downloaded into your phone? If so, I need to know what's up with my account.

I had always wondered why it says "click view/go to view picture" when there's no view or go option, but instead just a link to sprint picture mail.

Patron

My phone saves pictures no problem. Go to messaging Then click on pictures. You should see the picture mail messages that have been sent to you. Select the person who sent you the pic you want to save. Select the message with the picture you want to save. The message should open with a small image of the picture. Select that picture. A bigger version of that picture should open on your phone. To the right should be a disk icon. Click that icon to save the picture to the phone. That should be all you have to do.

Journeyman

yeah, that's how it works for photos that i've sent to people, but photos i get from people don't let me have that option. 😕 i'm so confused as to why it doesn't work only for me....anything from the sprint admins??

Journeyman

@Mr IndustrialPants wrote:

Any pictures sent from one phone (or even someone's e-mail) to another Sprint phone will also appear in the picturemail inbox on www.sprint.com/picturemail (for up to 60 days I believe) so you can receive them there.

As far as saving pictures to the phone those options should be listed on the device there once you receive a picture. Once I can obtain a demo and test it I'll post what I find.

When I check there I only see what I have sent out, there is nothing for what I have received. I don't care about what I have sent out because I already have those... it's the ones I received on my first phone before it died that I would love to get back. I just don't see them on that site

Journeyman

Try this,goto Main>Messaging>Then tap PICTURE on the lower left had corner>Tap the text U want>Tap the pic. Then there is a option on the left to save to disk or use as Pic ID or Background.

If you received it as an email little different but not hard at all. Main>Email>Tap the email U want>Tap The Attachment (Paperclip)>Ur Option to tap save to phone (The disk on left)or to open (On the right). Let me know how that works>

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat