cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Store for New Update

Journeyman

In-Store for New Update

I just got off the phone with technical support for the Instinct. I asked about the updates/upgrades that are supposed to be happening at the end of this month. The Rep told me that in order to receive the new updates you have to physically go inside the store in order to receive it. I asked her so why is their an update software button under the main menu. She stated samsung just put that feature there and its not for the customers to actually use.

Just thought I'd share......

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: In-Store for New Update

Did you call a store to see if they know anything about going in there to get an update? Did they say an update is available now at the store?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i am on the phone with a store now and they have not hear...

i am on the phone with a store now and they have not heard of such a thing!

Journeyman

I thought it was supposed to be an over the air update, w...

I thought it was supposed to be an over the air update, when released the only thing we would need to do is turn our phones off and then back on...

Journeyman

Re: I thought it was supposed to be an over the air update, w...

@phonecat wrote:
I thought it was supposed to be an over the air update, when released the only thing we would need to do is turn our phones off and then back on...

I'm sure it will be an OTA update. I think the person at Sprint must have been confused.

Journeyman

I thought the update was supposed to be over the air. I just was listening but thinking to myself what an idiot. Sprint needs to let their reps no whats going on before giving customers false information.

Journeyman

It is an OTA update. It is sad to say that the person you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. Just like every business their is someone that shouldn't be doing what they are because they have no idea how to do the job. If the person knew anything about the phone they would have told you the phone does update the software OTA, just like every samsung phone for the last two or three years does.

Journeyman

Yeah those guys in the store really dont know it all.

Yeah those guys in the store really dont know it all.

Journeyman

Their May be TWO Updates we will receive . One that updat...

Their May be TWO Updates we will receive . One that updates what we have in the phone now.... OTA... Fix the Bugs. And the changes to our phones ROM that would be installed by the store. The one that puts us all in line for the applications to run. We simply stop at a store or service location and they plug it in and up date the OS. After that all additional updates will be over the air. I think we will all soon see Sprint is going to make it work!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Their May be TWO Updates we will receive . One that updat...

There are two updates.  One will fix the native software on the phone.  That's available today.  The second update will be in about two weeks that will update the third party applications to use the new features and changes pushed out today.  Both updates will be over the air.  There should be no reason to go to the store at all.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Re: In-Store for New Update

@MZ. Pynk wrote:

I just got off the phone with technical support for the Instinct. I asked about the updates/upgrades that are supposed to be happening at the end of this month. The Rep told me that in order to receive the new updates you have to physically go inside the store in order to receive it. I asked her so why is their an update software button under the main menu. She stated samsung just put that feature there and its not for the customers to actually use.

Just thought I'd share......

This is why valley girls shouldn't have jobs....and why every employee needs to be briefed on every new phone before it comes out and after.... unfortunately people like this are the reason that manuals are created....

Journeyman

Re: Their May be TWO Updates we will receive . One that updat...

Will,

Do you know what 3rd party apps will be updated. I am an advanced BB user and want to stay with my Instinct, but need the document readers, calendar app to make this happen.

I love the phone and for the first time in years I am willing to move from a BB, but the fixes would be a life saver.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat