cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct Admin., can you bring back the Roaming Only !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Instinct Admin., can you bring back the Roaming Only !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just bring back the TRUE ROAMING ONLY function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a look at the Samsung MM-A900 Roaming selections and just copy and paste As a consumer, I choose Sprint for multiple reasons. The roaming option was key for I travel around the state of Wisconsin. And in Wisconsin, we have a large amount of sticks where signal isn't covered by sprint but may be covered by a roaming signal! The resurgence of the roaming only option would be a fantastic and greatly appreciated addition to the already amazing Samsung Instinct!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Instinct Admin., can you bring back the Roaming Only !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i agree the roam only feature was great... i dont have the best sprint service where i live...but with the roam only feature i never had a problem...until now...

Journeyman

i believe there is either a software glitch or algorythm...

i believe there is either a software glitch or algorythm that needs to be fixed or a overlooked hardware issue, it seems that many people are getting weak or no signal with this phone, i am in the process of switching from a helio ocean (which uses sprints network) to the instinct and my ocean gets signal many places where the instinct shows little to none. i haven't had a chance to talk on my instinct much yet so i'm not sure if they will drop or the phone just shows no service

Journeyman

Yeah, I agree. NOT ONLY do I get a weak signal but I get...

Yeah, I agree. NOT ONLY do I get a weak signal but I get a very inconsistent signal strength!!!!!!

Patron

Re: Yeah, I agree. NOT ONLY do I get a weak signal but I get...

I can relate.

The REASON sprint marked off Roaming Only in the the Instinct came with concerns that it would raise their data roaming cost.

My Theory why the devices' signal strength oscillates falls somewhere between the phone communicating with three different entity links. Voice, Data, and the Visual Voicemail Server that works off the NEXTEL towers. its trying to balance the communication between all links. One will dominate the other from time to time. The best way to talk imagine this would be having two friends in front of you. one of them talking about two way different subjects at the same time (apples and milk) and concurrently the second friend talking to you about cars. Your going to tune in more to one friend from time to time.

Journeyman

Re: Instinct Admin., can you bring back the Roaming Only !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Visual Voicemail does NOT use iDEN/Nextel towers. Nor does any other part of the phone use iDEN. Instinct is apurely CDMA phone.Where are you getting this misinformation? It's simply not true.

All data on this phone is carried over CDMA 1x or EVDO Revs. 0 and A on either Sprint or other CDMA carriers like Alltel or Verizon, if roaming. This includes the voicemail. Visual Voicemail is integrated with and is delivered in a fashion very similar to the VoiceSMSfeaturethat other Power Vision phones have.

Message Edited by c4400 on 07-21-2008 01:39 AM

Journeyman

I need to be on roaming in my apartment or I drop calls e...

I need to be on roaming in my apartment or I drop calls every few seconds. I'm tired of having to walk down my hall looking for a strong sprint signal, I live in the middle of Hollywood!!! Please bring back the roaming only option?

Journeyman

I agree! I use the roaming only option while in my house,...

I agree! I use the roaming only option while in my house, or I did, before I switched to the Instinct! Please bring back roaming only!!!

Journeyman

Due to changes in roaming agreements, Sprint is discontin...

Due to changes in roaming agreements, Sprint is discontinuing the roaming only option on all new phones. This is because the new plans that are rolling out do not include roaming or have a limited amount of roaming. This is troublesome to those in fringe areas, and Sprint acknowledges that. However, Sprint has finalized a deal to sell all of its towers to a company called TowerCo, which will be maintaining and building future towers. This leaves Sprint free to focus on ya'll (the customers) and leaves network buildout to a company dedicated to only that.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat