cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct Calendar sync !!!!

Journeyman

Instinct Calendar sync !!!!

HELP!!!!!! I am a businessman that must have a full feature PDA smart phone like the old one I just traded in (palm 650). I must have an outlook sync capability within the next 2 weeks or I take mt entire family To ATT...we have 12 phones total with Sprint. Seriously. fix it or goodbye. DISAPPOINTED IN FLORIDA...

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

I don't recommend going to AT&T simply because the In...

I don't recommend going to AT&T simply because the Instinct doesn't have calendar sync. You have a number of choices for PDA phones with that functionality: HTC Touch; Blackberry Curve or Pearl; Treo 700wx or 750p; Motorola Q9c

Journeyman

Re: I don't recommend going to AT&T simply because the In...

WILL SPRINT FIX THIS PROBLEM SOON??????????? AND I REALLY MEAN SOON.

Journeyman

I am an AT&T customer with a Blackberry 8800. I purch...

I am an AT&T customer with a Blackberry 8800. I purchased the Sprint Samsung Instinct yesterday with the intention of eventually porting my number over to Sprint and getting rid of the Blackberry. Well, after using the Instinct for less than 24-hours, I am surprised, and thoroughly disappointed, that the Instinct will not sync with Outlook (contacts, calendar, notes and tasks). What were they thinking!?!? I tried using the Sprint Desktop Sync but it is kludgy, and it doesn't properly map entries for which there is no "first name". I.e. I have some contact entries in Outlook listed by "company name" only. Those entries show up in Sprint Desktop Sync with phone number only....as there is no "company name" field in Desktop Sync. I have close to 200 entries in Notes in Outlook that I absolutely need on my PDA/Smartphone. It wouldn't so bad if the Instinct had cut & paste functionality so that I could at least email this info to myself and paste it into Notes, but NO CUT & PASTE. Go figure!? The Instinct is a sexy gadget but definitely not usable as a PDA/Smartphone. I am returning it.

Journeyman

The instinct isn't a PDA. If you want one I'd suggest get...

The instinct isn't a PDA. If you want one I'd suggest getting a PDA

Journeyman

Re: Instinct Calendar sync !!!!

Even tho I don't really need calendar sync I do they add it for those that do. But I tried out AT&T around 6-7 month ago and while they seemed ok they weren't all that great (at least one area that didn't even get a singal yet Sprint and other cell companies did). Plus the fact their data plans are like $30, not counting whatever talk plan you pick

Journeyman

Not the perfect fix - but it will get your Outlook into I...

Not the perfect fix - but it will get your Outlook into Instinct. The web browser is fast enough so it is pretty good!! I book mark the google calendar page and placed it on my favorites page. 14day free trial - enough time so you can still return the instict if need be ; ) http://companionlink.com/downloads/download.php?product=CLG30 Paul Messino Act Certified Consultant

Journeyman

I've been waiting for a phone that was easy to use and ha...

I've been waiting for a phone that was easy to use and had the functionality of my Treo with a slimmer body. The Instinct was promoted to be the answer to our every want and need. I feel as though I was baited and switched by Sprint. It would seem that Sprint released this phone "WAY" to early they should have gone through a broader study group and waited for their response prior to releasing this phone. If they were looking for 12 year olds to enjoy the basic functions of a phone this is the one for them. As more a businessman that has 1400 plus contacts and uses my Calendar hourly this phone DOES NOT work for me. The very basic needs of the calendar and contacts should have been as easy as syncing the phone. I'm now carrying two phones to off set the "FAILURE" of the Instinct, but that is only for the time being. I will return the phone if I dont see some sort of communication from Sprint that they are going to send out a patch to fix the short comings of the phone within the next 10 days. On the positive side of the phone - Im running 3 different e-mail accounts to the phone with no issue. I was able to set up my e-mails with little issue, the error message that keeps appearing only shows up when a large e-mail pops into my account. I have to then go and move that e-mail off line and sync the e-mail and it works fine. Seriously disappointed!

Journeyman

Sync would be nice. But, being able to enter enough calendar events would be nice too. Not only can we not sync, we can't enter more than 70 Calendar entries. If I have two meetings a day for only 20 days of the month, I can't even plan next month, much less three months or more in advance. Forget about entering my childrens' events or anniversaries into it. I have been on the phone and online with sprint about this for 10 days now. They kept telling me that this isn't how the phone should work and that they would "get back to me". Finally yesterday, they passed the buck and stated that it is a "Device Issue" and to contact Samsung. I did today and Samsung says "Yes. The Calendar memory is limited and I have used all the available space allowed for Events". My memory on the phone is only 16% full and I haven't even touched the SDmicro yet. Why give up such a needed tool but still add so many 'toys'? I would enjoy the 'toys' on the phone so much more if I could also use the phone as a tool. I can download huge game files, picture files, all kinds of music and video. Yet, Samsung and Sprint won't allow us to enter a small file of text that will really make a difference in our lives and the lives of our families, businesses, and communities.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Lionell - you have a 'media phone' in the Instinct.

If you require full calendaring, OWA sync, etc. you need to buy either a Palm (I like the Centro), or a WM device, or the everpresent and highly functional Blackberry. The Touch is outstanding, and if you get a third party keyboard, you won't even need your laptop anymore.  The Mogul does everything you want too, with a built in keyboard.  And there's rumors of new updated Palm devices coming out soon.

I encourage you to take advantage of your 30 day return period to swap out the Instinct for something that will work for you. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I was on my way out to buy the Instinct when I read here it didn't sync with Outlook. It stopped me in my tracks. How can Sprint compare this to the iphone if it doesn't have all the same or better features as the iphone?

I think you guys missed the mark on this one.

Journeyman

WE'VE GOT IT!!!! A FIX FOR THE CONTACT SYNC ISSUES w/OUTLOOK!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat