Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct Plans

Patron

Instinct Plans

Okay just to clarify....you only have a choice between 2 plans for this phone? Simple Everything and talk/data/web share plans? I'm on a share plan now with a blackberry and it seems like the share plan for this phone is cheaper.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

It is.

Journeyman

If you have 2 phones and one is a blackberry it is much cheaper. If you buy the Instinct you can have either a 450 mins for $69.99, 900 mins $89.99 or unlimited mins for $99.99, plus you pay whatever your plan is for the blackberry. Since this below plan includes all the blackberry features, it has to be cheeper @ $129.99 for 1500 mins or $169.99 for 3000 mins.

Talk/Message/Data Share This plan includes
  • Unlimited data and messaging: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint Music Premier, Sprint TV Premier, text, picture, and video messaging
  • Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m.
  • Lines 1-2 included, lines 3-5 are $19.99/line/mo.
  • Domestic long distance and roaming
  • Featured service for Nextel Direct Connect capable phones: Direct Connect and Group Connect $10/line/mo.

Patron

The only thing I don't like is I've heard you can't add the PAM feature....can you?

Journeyman

I don't mean to sound dumb but what is the "PAM" feature?

Journeyman

I was told $99.99 for 1500 minutes

Baldie, if you go for 99.99 plan it is truly UNLIMITED!! No questions asked I have a broadband data card from Sprint and it too is truly unlimited(unlike other carriers who charge you above some quota).

Master

To answer several posts at the same time...

The Everything plans officially do not allow Phone As Modem service. Now depending on how you read that it could mean its not included by default, or that it can't be added at all. Most read it as it is not possible at all. Some have been able to get PAM added to a SE plan, most not.

The Plans the Instinct can be added onto are the 450 Everything ($69.99), 900 Everything ($89.99), Simply Everything ($99.99), 1500 Talk/Msg/Data Share ($129.99), and 3000 Talk/Msg Data Share ($169.99).

The broadband card is unlimited until July 13th, at that point a 5GB limit is going into effect, it is only a hard limit so your data won't turn off when you hit it, but if you are consistently above 5GB, it is not going to be good.

Patron

Well if I need to add PAM, I'll add it. I'm just wondering if PAM is capable on the instinct? I currently have the 8130 blackberry and the PAM feature for my laptop when I'm on trips and find it very convenient.

Journeyman

Strike the BIS service is also included in the SE plans, regardless of the minute options. The Talk/Message/Data share plan is essentially the same as the SE, except it is a shared plan, and does not offer an unlimited minute option. With either plan, if you want to add BES, it is an additional $20.00 a month.

As far as the PAM option, in the training class I had, we were told you can now (as of the 15th of June), add PAM to the Talk/Message/Data share, or the Simply Everything for $15.00, but that it was not available on the Instinct phone. Now, we were also told that we can not do this online (which where I work), but that we would need to refer the customers to Customer Care to add to their accounts.

Patron

So we'd have to call CS to add that feature is that what your saying? There were some folks, from what I read, that were able to add PAM to their instincts I think.

Journeyman

"Strike the BIS service is also included in the SE plans, regardless of the minute options."

That is why it would be less expensive to get a share plan, then have an Instinct on a SE plan and a blackberry on an old plan. Combine them, you get the 2nd phone for free and you get the Blackberry Internet Service included.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat