Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct Problems this week attributed to 3G outages by Sprint CSR

Highlighted
Journeyman

Instinct Problems this week attributed to 3G outages by Sprint CSR

I spoke to a Sprint CSR yesterday who said that the problems being encountered with my Instinct (e.g., slow-loading Music Store, slow web, failed connections to Pocket Express videos, bad TV reception) are alldue tonationwide 3G network issues which have been intermittent in nature. They estimated the problems are to be corrected by today, but I'm still not seeing any improvements.

He said the 3G problems started occurring a week ago and they have been working "continuously" to correct the problem.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 11-24-2008 06:06 PM

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Instinct Problems this week attributed to 3G outages by Sprint CSR

Makes you wonder if Dan Hesse ever gets pissed off about the network and especially about voicemail. I wonder if he uses an Instinct. Anyone know?

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 11-24-2008 06:31 PM

Highlighted
Wizard

Heh, it was nice that the CSR you spoke with at least gave you an answer. After calling to complain about the news videos not playing, the CSR immediately connected me with someone in advanced technical support.

When I told him about the problem, he said that he had not heard of any similar complaints. I then told him that there were numerous reports of this problemat multiple forums, both official and not.

I made it clear that I had already done all the steps they run you through, i.e.: turn it off, remove/replace the battery, reset the setting, reset the phone, updated to MR-4.

Despite telling him this, he asked me if I had done each of those steps.

He then told me he would call me back in a few hours after he had some time to research the problem. That was over 8 hours ago, but still no call.

Maybe he lost my number.

Highlighted
Wizard

@MarkBugs wrote:
Makes you wonder if Dan Hesse ever gets pissed off about the network and especially about voicemail. I wonder if he uses an Instinct. Anyone know?
Message Edited by MarkBugs on 11-24-2008 06:31 PM

Only in the Sprint commercials. He probably uses an iPhone when not on camera.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Interesting.... Gizmodo reported the same for AT&T a few days ago. I wonder what's up...

http://gizmodo.com/5095352/att-3g-network-down-in-some-areas-reports-say

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke to someone in tech support yesterday and I was told there was an outtage. I was also told the problems with SprintTV will be fixed with MR-5, due out mid-end of December. He actually read me a list of issues with TV because I was beginning to yell at him. It seems as if they are doing something, as I am having some of the exact issues on the list. It sucks that we have to wait until December...or January...or February...or...nevermind!

My 3 year old nephew hit my phone the other day because it kept freezing while he was watching SpongeBob! That's how you know it's bad! A 3 year old even knows the TV sucks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mzengr wrote:

I spoke to someone in tech support yesterday and I was told there was an outtage. I was also told the problems with SprintTV will be fixed with MR-5, due out mid-end of December. He actually read me a list of issues with TV because I was beginning to yell at him. It seems as if they are doing something, as I am having some of the exact issues on the list. It sucks that we have to wait until December...or January...or February...or...nevermind!

My 3 year old nephew hit my phone the other day because it kept freezing while he was watching SpongeBob! That's how you know it's bad! A 3 year old even knows the TV sucks!

LOL, that's funny about your nephew. Hey, can you give us any more details about what the CSR said?

Highlighted
Journeyman

He only talked about the green screen, tv crashes and freezing up. He said the SprintTV issues should be resolved with MR-5. He said the ETA on MR-5 is middle to late December and that it may happen before then, which I really doubt! We've all been lied to before! I didn't get anymore information than that. I didn't ask any quastions because I didn't really believe him. Maybe I should have. Sorry!

Hey Will or Sarah...you know anything about MR-5? Thanks!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat