cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct and Mac

Journeyman

Instinct and Mac

Anyone know if there will be a software update or patch so that you will be able to use the media player on a Mac and not have to purchase Parallel.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

I honestly dont know but its something that is truly to m...

I honestly dont know but its something that is truly to me vital.. If Sprint plans to compete against Apple's iPhone their doing good so far.. on price and thats about it... If anything create a new program and call it Media Manager.. Allowing more content and ringers and what not.. Its gonna be hard to compete to iTunes with its iPhone tools but. Good Luck Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

The program is called Flip4Mac you can get it off of this...

The program is called Flip4Mac you can get it off of this site http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Instinct and Mac

I've uninstalled Media Manager on both my laptop and desktop. It's a horrible program and the last thing you would want to put on your Mac! I have a cardreader on my desktop and a SD reader on my laptop, so I use the SD adapter for that. I also got a little USB MicroSD adapter when I got my 8gb card which is now my preferred method for transfering songs. If something could crash a Mac, my bet is it would be software from Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bcwalk1010 wrote:
Anyone know if there will be a software update or patch so that you will be able to use the media player on a Mac and not have to purchase Parallel.

Why would one need Parallel? I've had my Instinct since June 19 and have not needed the CD at all. From what I've read in other forums, even PC users are having problems with Media Manager. There's really no need to run Windows on your Mac and enjoy your Instinct. I use iTunes to create my playlists. Then I use a card reader to upload the songs and playlist directly to the SD card. The easiest way to upload songs along with a playlist is by using SyncTunes, available for downloads at Mac Major Geeks at this URL:
http://mac.majorgeeks.com/download4834.html

It's a free app, by the way.

Highlighted

i have a solution, get rid of your mac.

i kid i kid

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat