Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct ans M610

Journeyman

Instinct ans M610

I have an Instinct that is currently activated under the unlimited plan. I would however like to activate my M610 once in awhile for times where I'm afraid of my Instinct getting ruined. I know I can go online and switch the phone over, but I'm wondering what program I would download with the M610 for GPS, and if its considered free because of my unlimited plan.

p.s. Love the Instinct, best phone I've ever had.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Instinct ans M610

I used Mobile GMaps ( www.mgmaps.com ) on my m610. I had the unlimited data plan and never got a charge for it. You can also store google maps on your memory card so you don't have to download maps while using it.

It was a little difficult to install but it worked great. Follow the installation instructions closely, it involves registering your phone to the developers site and getting your MSL for that phone before downloading. If you try downloading the app first you will get errors. They have detailed instructions under the WAP tab at the top of the page. All features worked great except for the compass and speed. It's well worth theextra hoops you must jump through to get it running.

Now I can't wait to get the next instinct update so I can use it on it. Hopefully the planned app. keyboard will work for this program.

pat

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat