Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct camera problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Instinct camera problem

I got my Instinct today and everything seems to be working as expected with the exception of the camera. The mini-SD is in the phone and has been since it was installed by the sales person. However when I try to take a picture or a movie, it say "No Media File". I have had no problem syncing music and pictures from other cameras. HELP!!!!

Wufwuf1

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Clicking the camera button on the side will fix this. I,...

Clicking the camera button on the side will fix this. I, too, had this message come up because I was touching the camera icon on the touchscreen instead of clicking the button.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: THE CAMERA ON THIS PHONE SUCKS... PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I HAD...

Yeah the 2.0 camera on this phone is horrible. No flash, no white balance settings, no rez settings...stuff thats found on lower model phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

i got an answer from sprint to take a picture you have to...

i got an answer from sprint to take a picture you have to press the camera button on the side. the button on the screen is to look at the pictures after you take them

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still loads of fail involved in the fact that a next gen...

Still loads of fail involved in the fact that a next gen cam doesn't have a flash. What all pics must be outside, in well lit areas? not smart.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Instinct camera problem

excellent quality pictures ouside in the sun...crappy for everything else. highly disappointed since cheaper older phones have way more photo options that allow you to take pictures in any condition...and they turn out

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Instinct camera problem

This is somewhat disappointing news. I thought I was simply overlooking something in terms of camera settings. I agreee these are features that have been present on practically all earlier camera phones so to have it missing from the Instinct is highly disappointing. One rule of thumb, never rip out features to whichpeople have become accustomed. Hope some phone software upgrade will give us this soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed very disappointing camera. Glad to hear it works b...

Agreed very disappointing camera. Glad to hear it works better outside, not that I take many there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm very disappointed..I really thought this phone had al...

I'm very disappointed..I really thought this phone had all the bells and whistles. There is no camera settings. I used that feature many times with my old phone. Where is the Zoom. Why can't you zoom when taking pictures. very disappointed with this camera and a few other features.

Highlighted
Master

Re: I'm very disappointed..I really thought this phone had al...

Everything I have seen shows that the camera was deisgned with simplicity in mind. The fact that there are no settings was intentional on Samsung's part. Most users get confused by so many options that they just give up and don't use the feature at all, I see it a lot in the store. Doesn't mean it should have been done that way, but that's what I've seen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In other words... "Screw everyone who has come to expect more out of their phone, in favor of the idiots."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I can see what Samsung was going for, but in the end it was a stupid concept.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat