cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct cost for current customers?

Journeyman

Instinct cost for current customers?

I'm a current customer with Sprint...how much is the Instinct going to cost me if I choose to upgrade to it?

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: Instinct cost for current customers?

I think I remember reading $449 somewhere...& you'll have to shift to the $69 ( or higher) plan if you are not already on one.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Given that I haven't seen the full pricing breakdown, I *assume* it will be the same, or possibly $229 (no mail in rebate).

However, if you don't have 2 years of service since your last rebate, it will be higher.  One year = $75, Two years = $150.  You can check that at https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I just picked up two phones, a spare home charger, and a protective case on it for $562 and change. I also got two $100.00 Mail in Rebate forms, so the net cost for me will be $362 and change for two phones.

Not a bad buy, but unfortunately, according to the rep, it will take anywhere from 1 - 4 hours for the transfer of service to take place. So in the interim, I am without phone (ot griping about it, because I'm in my office until 5 tonight anyway, giving me 5 hours of not messing with the phone).

Heckuva buy at this price, and it looks like it's a keeper phone.

Journeyman

@TheRevSWT wrote:

I just picked up two phones, a spare home charger, and a protective case on it for $562 and change. I also got two $100.00 Mail in Rebate forms, so the net cost for me will be $362 and change for two phones.

Not a bad buy, but unfortunately, according to the rep, it will take anywhere from 1 - 4 hours for the transfer of service to take place. So in the interim, I am without phone (ot griping about it, because I'm in my office until 5 tonight anyway, giving me 5 hours of not messing with the phone).

Heckuva buy at this price, and it looks like it's a keeper phone.

That is a good buy imo. I think I have to wait till July 10th or so till my 2 years are up to get one but if I hear good things I will def be getting one. I convinced my mom to get a blackberry so it looks like we may stay with Sprint unless I see bad things about it within the next upcomming weeks. I will also be curious to if the 129 w/o mail in holds to be true for best buy it would impact my decision. Once you get service let me know how you like it.

Journeyman

Does anyone know if Best Buy will be charging for the end price for the phone, or will they require you to send in for the instant rebate?

Journeyman

I'd like to point out how silly this is. Current Sprint customers do not get the same pricing and rebate offer as NEW sprint customers. All you get as an existing customer is the $75 or $150 depending on length of contract.

How dare they get off not offering a better discount on this phone to current customers, especially customers who have been with the company for so long. This seems like more of an act of desperation to get new customers.

I'm debating taking the $350+ it would cost me to get the Instinct even with the $150 upgrade credit and buying out of my contract and heading somewhere else.

Absolutely absurd.

Journeyman

i purchased mine at the sprint store in cash and it cost...

i purchased mine at the sprint store in cash and it cost me about $262.00 give or take a few bucks, then they gave me a receipt to mail -in for the rebate of $100.00 so thats with the taxes an everything..... that was also on a contract extension of 2 yrs.,,,,,,,,,,,,, i hope this answers your question

Journeyman

@Woosh wrote:

That is a good buy imo. I think I have to wait till July 10th or so till my 2 years are up to get one but if I hear good things I will def be getting one. I convinced my mom to get a blackberry so it looks like we may stay with Sprint unless I see bad things about it within the next upcomming weeks. I will also be curious to if the 129 w/o mail in holds to be true for best buy it would impact my decision. Once you get service let me know how you like it.

I was 23 months into contract and went to bestbuy and got 2 Instincts for $129.99 each with 2-year renewal of contract. Bestbuy doesn't do mail-in-rebates so it was $129.99 + tax. The cheapest plan for TWO lines is $129.99 per month if both phones are Instincts which is high! You might have to see what kind of plan you can get with a blackberry and an Instinct.

Journeyman

Re: The phone is priced at 449. When i called *2 customer ser...

Got mine for $129 with a two year contract extension even though I had already extended my contract in Nov 07 for two years.

Surprised me but best buy salesrep said it is a 'qualified upgrade'.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was out of my last contract and ready to upgrade from m...

I was out of my last contract and ready to upgrade from my old A900 (been an excellent reliable phone!)...went by the Sprint store to look at one of these and they were totally clueless about the phone or it's cost, and didn;t appear even slightly motivated enough to find out anything about it. They finally decided if i wanted it it would cost me $260-something AFTER rebate. Told them to keep it...then stumbled into the Best Buy deal later in the day and brought one home...two year extension and $129.99 out the door.

Journeyman

I just recently got sprint on may 30. I was able to upgra...

I just recently got sprint on may 30. I was able to upgrade to the instinct on June 26 and paid 260 something and got a 150 rebate.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat