cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct for Palm Pre

Journeyman

Instinct for Palm Pre

How many of you are going to dump the instinct for the pre? I can't wait to get rid of the instinct.

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

Re: Instinct for Palm Pre

I will...

Journeyman

I am actually considering getting the Palm Pre. I have to see how big the keyboard is but seems to be a great phone and challenge to the iphone.

Journeyman

I was all set to get a Pre but then they announced that it wont have visual voice mail. As much as i hate the Instinct, visual voice mail is a nice feature and is so simple. I just cant imagine going back to dialing 1 and getting a prompt to listen to VM's. What i dont understand about Sprint is why dont they just take all of their phones and see what consumers like and dislike about them and then make a phone off that. It seems with every sprint release something is missing. With the Instinct it was the fact that sprint tv and youtube picture quality sucked, screen didnt rotate, cant play animated text. The little dumb things like that really held the Instinct back from being a true Iphone competitor. Now instead of advancing the Pre, it takes a step back. Makes no sense. Come on 2010.

Journeyman

While what you say makes sence about bundling the "good" features into one phone, Sprint had absolutely nothing to do with the design and development of the Pre. Palm was a bit smarter than to let this happen. The only "tweak" Sprint will be allowed to add to this phones OS will be the Sprint logo at bootup (if even that). I do agree about visual VM however. Not sure why such a great feature would be left off in addition to no SD card slot.

Journeyman

VVM and No MicroSD slot that's why I'll wait to see what the dash or something else brings. Not a fan of physical keyboards either...

Journeyman

VVM is definitely a glaring omission from the Pre. I hope it is something that can be implemented in a later update. I haven't heard any rumors about it so it's anyone's guess if it will happen.

No expandable memory kinda sucks, but there's a good 7 gigs worth of space on the device for music, pics and vids. I don't need to carry my entire library with me so I'm thinking 7 gigs will be plenty.

Message Edited by sweet greggo on 06-02-2009 10:16 AM

Journeyman

i'm probably going to get the pre. i was unaware that it's going to lack visual voice mail. that really stinks, but i can deal with it i suppose. seriosly, how hard is it to just email me the .wav file of the voicemail anyways?

as for the keyboard, i read on reviews that its the same size and feel as the centro's keyboard. i actually liked that keyboard when i had a centro. my thumbs are huge (one nearly covered 1/3 of the keyboard) but it somehow always knew which key i intended to press. i had very very few wrong key presses. palm knows how to design a good tiny keyboard; I have faith in that.

Highlighted
Patron

@sweet greggo wrote:

VVM is definitely a glaring omission from the Pre. I hope it is something that can be implemented in a later update. I haven't heard any rumors about it so it's anyone's guess if it will happen.

No expandable memory kinda sucks, but there's a good 7 gigs worth of space on the device for music, pics and vids. I don't need to carry my entire library with me so I'm thinking 7 gigs will be plenty.

There's already a third party developer who has committed to make VVM happen for the Pre. http://www.everythingpre.com/articles/2009/5/22/third-party-developer-phonefusion-offers-to-create-v...

Journeyman

Im going to hang tough w/ the instinct, i want to see how this webOS progresses, I also want to see whats going to happen with the iPhone market, and I want to see what samsung has to offer w/ the "Dash". I really truely dont have too many complaints about my instinct besides the lack of 3rd party applications and a better music player.

Maybe MR-6 will be a decent update that will really make this phone open for developers,however getting people to want to devote time to making applications is another story! The only thing I really want is a sat. radio app, and to get rid of the **bleep** password issue w/ my OWA access.

Journeyman

@coachdvc wrote:

@sweet greggo wrote:

There's already a third party developer who has committed to make VVM happen for the Pre. http://www.everythingpre.com/articles/2009/5/22/third-party-developer-phonefusion-offers-to-create-v...

omg!

Journeyman

i want one but i am gonna wait. The one thing I learned from the INSTINCT is to wait.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat