cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct is totally frozen...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Instinct is totally frozen...

The touch screen and the contacts/home/favs buttons do not work. I can see incoming calls but can't answer them and the same for incoming texts.

I've tried the off/on/pulling battery tricks... I even tried the camera trick someone suggested in another thread - it let me take a picture but that was it....

Any advice?  I'd call tech support but this is my only phone....

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Instinct is totally frozen...

First, I don't work for Sprint, I'm not a tech, but I've been around Every Instinct Website since I bought my first....The only thing I've heard that works in this particular situation is taking a guitar pick, slide it along the edges and give it a kind of prying motion while doing so. ( like your prying the screen up ).  The theory is the contacts have been mushed down causing you to think the screen doesn't work...perhaps you slept on it, or stepped on it, something causing an unusual amount of pressure, and all your attempting to do is to loosen up the contacts by doing this....again, theory, try at your own risk, I can't assume or take any responsiblity if it works or if it doesn't...but nobody is answering you, and it's p!#*ing me off..........or take it in to a Sprint repair store and see if they can fix it for you....  Good luck what ever you decide

Journeyman

This happened to my husband's phone a few weeks ago.  They said the screen was shot and it could be fixed for alot of money! He got a new phone instead because it was cheaper.  In 20 years we have never had insurance on our phones and this is the first time something has happened. Funny how it "conveniently" locked up shortly after he was eligible for a new phone.  Shortly after his locked up my sister's phone died and now tonight my  instinct won't let me use the text button!  We were told by a guy at radio shack that anyone with this phone shlod buy the screen protectors for it because the oils from your hands are messing with the screens!

Journeyman

Funny, I just tried what you said but I used my finger nail to pop the screen up slightly and it worked!  I wonder if that would've worked on my husband's phone but they wanted to sell him a new one instead!!! That would make me mad!!!

Journeyman

thanks.... mine managed to magickally unlock itself... but I have a week to go for my upgrade so I've bookmarked this in case it happens again - I appreciate the reply!!!!!!

Journeyman

my instinct froze up too in fact this one makes #3 in 18 months, the glue used to hold down the top clear plastic wears out in about 10 months causing moisture to wick underneath thereby causing numerous problems, sprint and samsung will not admit to poor design and defective glue, if you want to use the phone to make and receive call use the headset that came with the phone to access the voice command, you have to press the button on the headset to answer and end calls, you also have access to contacts this way......Good Luck

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat