cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct s30 (M810) MR2 & Instinct (M800) MR7 - Ready for download

Journeyman

Re: Instinct s30 (M810) MR2 & Instinct (M800) MR7 - Ready for download

Okay, a new update, Instinct still got some life!! Okay, being that I have no clue what the update fix I'll simply be happy to be pleasantly surprised at what I discover. My stock Browser however is noticeably faster. BTW, for those of us who did not have MR6 (had to get a refurb) does MR7 include those so called Open API's, just wondering???

Wizard

Sarah's original post said that it fixed the error in internet connection coming back out of airplane mode.....good thing the message was edited to remove that, because as I got off the plane today, it did not remove that error.  I had to turn off airplane mode, then power cycle the phone to get internet connections.

Other than that, now the APIs have the option for "always allow" for all APIs for all apps.  Before, in MR6, they only asked to allow until exit for writing to the SD card.  Glad to see that was fixed.

Wizard

Also, my Pandora said that my subscription was over and I had to resubscribe....which means I had to redownload the application, then it worked.  I did have MR6 on my phone and did not revert to MR5, not sure if that made a difference or not. 

Can this forum, please change how this post box shows up so we can post from our Instinct browsers????  At least for the 2 more weeks I will have this phone.

Journeyman

I know this a complete waste of time posting anymore bugs with the Instinct, but here goes: I still get the phone prompting me to allow access to the Internet when I already went into settings to set it as such. Also, my phone just exited Bolt browser saying the battery was too low, only to see 60% remaining. I'm so glad to be dropping this phone come Oct 11th. Hmmm...for us Instinct sufferers, you couldn't have picked a better namefor a device to rescue us from our frustration and heartache.

Journeyman

Sprint Navigation now freezes and auto-restarts my phone. =(

Patron

The stinknig music player is still broken!  Error you've exceeded the maximum number of songs delete and restart! Absolutely attrocious!!!!!!!

Journeyman

All of my software match what you have except my NAV.

I have: Navigation: 2.1.0.35

You Have: Navigation: 2.1.0.25

Did you miss type or is there a new update to NAV?

Journeyman

I just upgraded and it didnt brick my phone at least, lol.  So far everything seems to work although I have not had much time to get in to full test mode of it.  I have class today but I will report any issues that I come across...if any.

Journeyman

"Second thing I noticed is now I need to reZoom every webpage again, because It's not remembering the zoom set from the last page again. This isn't even in standard mode but mobile....developers/update guys can confirm this by actually grabbing an updated Instinct and go to fun/shopping...then surf and see for yourself."

Personally, I find this to be an annoying problem. Hope a correction is in the works!

Journeyman

BoomCackle wrote:

WOW! GREAT! (sarcasm)

Anyone notice anything different?

I jsut tried writing a text message and noticed much less of a lag.  Also my music loaded much much quicker.  And I can lock the screen during calls!!!  Just kidding.  The first 2 really happened though.

Not to say there isn't a tiny chance they took care of the text lag, but I would say it was a placebo effect or coincidental and you will find it return.

What causes text lag (when writing texts or emails) is the phone attempting to process something in the background AND the constant digging for spell check.  Watch the vision/power vision symbol when you start to get lag or delay It always happens when the phone is trying to update stuff (i.e. weather, receive an email, etc.) or you have a lengthy email you are responding to.

This would be the SLOW processor they installed in this phone and is not ever going to change.  I don't know, perhaps they should have set it so that all of the background stuff on hold and provide the option to turn OFF spell check.  Since they are finished with "development" of this phone, the likelihood of this getting corrected is slim to none and slim just left town.

Highlighted
Patron

I noticed one thing that was upgraded/different was one of the Ringers.

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

OK, I've updated to the latest software, and so far so good. Pandora still works well. (I was afraid I might have to reinstall)

Checked out a few of the mentioned websites.......

CNN standard comes up fine on my stock browser

Instinct-samsung.com also comes up fine on my stock browser (no out of memory errors)

Yahoo.com home page......I also get the "script can make browser run slow message", however the page seems to work, though slowly.

***I do have the re-zoom issues with my stock browser. Can't remember if it was like that before or not, as I generally use Opera Mini

Also, noticed my RSS feeds seem to be working correctly. Used to be, whenever I powered down my phone, I would have to set them back up again. Seems like they are working right now.

No problems so far with Sprint Navigation, it does not reset or turn off my phone.

I also have not had any of my contact pictures turned to "!", though I have never had that issue on my phone.

I post my experience, not to downplay some of the issues some of you are still having, but to simply report that they are not universal, and may be a function of something with that particular handset and the software on it, versus a global issue with the software updates.

Still fooling around with the phone to see if I can find any other changes...........

Message was edited by: MDG

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat