cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct s30 (M810) MR2 & Instinct (M800) MR7 - Ready for download

Wizard

Re: Instinct s30 (M810) MR2 & Instinct (M800) MR7 - Ready for download

updated to CH27 no problem, but i was really hoping that earphone volume for Pandora would be resolved.  i can't seems to get it louder than what it was before.  anyone else?

Highlighted
Patron

Several times my phone has fell back to the screen saver. When logging back  in, it's as though I just turned the power on. I've 'sent' a picture message and the recipients claim to have not recieved them. Don't know if it's just a fluke but you never know with this phone.

What did this phone  really fix???

Journeyman

It is hard to say what is really fixed until Sarah updates with more release notes. Because I sure hope we didn't have to wait this long just for some browser privacy stuff. Any word on the rest of those release notes Sarah?

Journeyman

Perhaps a visual for those whom may think this isn't universal....this happened with mr6 on my second phone and this happened Again with ch27 on my third phone...is it possible I could be so Lucky?

the first pic is my speed dial page, no matter if i delete all and add new, once upon restarting my phone it looks like this or worse

speeddial.jpg

the second pic is of the main page of instinct-samsung.com  Now we know we dont hang on the main page, do we, perhaps I should have been more specific...well, Take a closer walk with me then....

website.jpg

the third pic is how entering a conversation of Opera Mini 5 rendered.....can you see that mess?

website2.jpg

the forth pic is where I zoomed in on the conversation using the double tap feature...notice the white dots?  Yeah, that's the conversation

website3.jpg

and finally the fifth pic is the very next page of the same conversation.....oh look....just like clockwork...

website4.jpg

Funny it says part of the page will not be displayed....You'll notice it did that already

Coincodence that the very same thing could happen on Two Seperate Phones With Two Seperate Updates?

I think not....maybe the developer would like to see this. I can repeat this mess repeatedly

Cnn.com doesn't soft reset my phone everytime....but it does occasionally...and that's just too many times...

I don't preceive a earlier comment as downplaying....but we're not talking about one phone now are we?

Patron

Did anyone mention this one... I was about to send a picture message and a text message came thru. Instead of being able to read the text that just came in, I was kicked out to the screensaver again. :-) I think we should call them features now and not bugs, cause this has got to be intentional; right?

Journeyman

badankles wrote:

updated to CH27 no problem, but i was really hoping that earphone volume for Pandora would be resolved.  i can't seems to get it louder than what it was before.  anyone else?

Hope springs eternal...

Bottom line, no MR update will fix this.  The Pandora issue is well documented and has been talked to death in this forum and others.  The ball is in Pandora's court, and Pandora claims a fix is in the works, but unfortunately is doubtful given that our models of the Instinct are a dying breed.  The next generation of Instincts better not have this problem!

See this thread for a recent conversation on the Pandora earphone volume issue.  Getting some really loud earbuds is probably your best bet for dealing with it.

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

OK, I was able to replicate the out of memory error and the missing conversation pieces on the Samsung-Instinct.com site. Originally I had just loaded up the first page and not browsed the site.

I'm still curious as to the "!" in the contacts pictures. I have never seen this on either my phone, my brothers Instinct or my Mother's Instinct, since we purchased them over a year ago (though I have heard of a number of people bring it up on this forum, so I know its a real issue.)

I'm wondering if it might have something to do with possibly different steps various users took to assign the pictures, or if they were all pictures taken by the phones camera versus uploaded from a PC? (possibly different photo file formats if uploaded by PC?)

Or even having something to do with various settings/hacks or software installed on different Instinct handsets. Possibly how the contacts were entered. Manually or synched or transferred to your Instinct at a Sprint store or over the air contact backup?

That particular issue does not seem to be universal to all Instinct phones. Either way, its definitely a bug.

Patron

Speaking of bugs, I have a big one..

First my phone denied access to all my songs on the MicroSD card (a while back), and now with this update the Application doesn't even load.

All I get is the Yellow Ring of Death, then after the screen shuts off for the screensaver, we go to a black screen, then a white screen, then nothing unless I hit the Home key. Any further attempts to use the Music App, does nothing. Not even the yellow ring, it just locks everything up, until you hit Home again. This is beyond frustrating. ANY help would be appreciated.

Journeyman

Couldn't tell you MDG, all I know is my speed dial pics were fine with CA10 on my third phone, and I was Furious when I saw it repeat itself on this update.

As a mod on the instinct-samsung site, it's in my best interest for this issue to be resolved with the native browser.  For one, I can respond to conversations with 32,000+ characters as opposed to 200 using opera mini.  Secondly, being one of the websites with one of the largest members of Instinct owners, I'm sure those who visit the site on their phone would like to enjoy it on the native browser if they choose.  And thirdly, I brought this up on MR4 and still haven't seen any...Any acknowledgement that this issue would be looked into.  Very disturbing.

Even the mail section for yahoo.com seems to be either blacked out or invisible all together.  I just wish whomever worked behind the sceens on our phone would correct whatever it is that is causing the standard mode problems...

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

I know you said you have tried deleting and adding back your speed dials, not sure which method you used to do that,

Have you tried:  Settings>Reset>Delete Contents>Delete Speed Dials

Then adding back your speed dials?  I've read that some have had success using this method for speed dial problems, but not sure if it directly affects the issue with the contact picture reverting to a "!"

Patron

I've had that same exclamation mark thing happen when I first updated. A quick 'wtf' moment and then a restarting the phone fixed mine. I'm sure you've tried restarting so I don't know what tell you.

I've had the music app do the same thing. Freeze up and not find anything on the card and then out to black,screensaver... I even had the phone tell me that there were no pictures on my phone after I had just taken a couple.

I'm really looking forward to see all the fixes that went in, after 3+ months of waiting.

Journeyman

Not that method.....doing it now MDG....hope it works, and thanks...I'll keep you posted here in a few minutes

Rats...well, I was hoping....I can't fathom why it's doing this and it's always random.  This is after restarting the phone after trying your method...

speeddial2.jpg

Message was edited by: goygacon

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat