cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instinct s30 (M810) MR2 & Instinct (M800) MR7 - Ready for download

Journeyman

Re: Instinct s30 (M810) MR2 & Instinct (M800) MR7 - Ready for download

Just saw this while at work. I have downloaded and have no issues as some of the others are. no soft resets or anything else. I will bluetooth some music when I get home to test the music player error  that says song limit but i think that has more to do with the music player app and MR7 isn't gonna fix that. Hopefully that is coming soon too. Thanks MDG for following up on these and goygacon thank you as always for doing all you can to help test and try these. This is part of the reason I'm sure you are a moderator on other sites and recognized here. If anything else comes up I ill post or am willing to test for someone from a never had an issue standpoint with anything but the music player. 

Journeyman

Hey latinmaxima, thanks for the vote of confidence....I'm at a loss on this issue though, it's little and petty, but it's not considering all the time that goes into setting up the phone the way you like only to have something like this grind your gears...MDG definately helps when he can, as do the rest of the staff and members for that matter...but I haven't seen a fix for this, and this is the place to post if you have problems...Calling Sprint is going to get me phone # 4....and I'm done with that route, new phones are Not the answer i'm looking for, my phone was ok before this...well, except the music player limit...but lwm hasn't been around in a minute, so maybe he'll surprise us like this update did...

Journeyman

Well, the Calculator still can't handle decimals. I tried typing in .0001 and got to .00 before it stopped.

The Calender still requires setting the start date to after the current date/time when modifying an ongoing appointment.

The movie/news/sports etc. application still asks me to 'upgrade' to commercials. why would I do that?

The navigation still loads the map from the network, instead of saving whatever I looked at previously to the microsd.  makes looking at maps (say, for traffic) extra slow.  Considering I look at the same area for traffic problems 90% of the time, it would save some bandwidth...

Can't move the RSS feeds from the number one spot on saved websites in the browser.  Can't delete it either.  Considering it operates like a folder, why can't I create more folders for bookmarks?

Wizard

drdrr wrote:

badankles wrote:

updated to CH27 no problem, but i was really hoping that earphone volume for Pandora would be resolved.  i can't seems to get it louder than what it was before.  anyone else?

Hope springs eternal...

Bottom line, no MR update will fix this.  The Pandora issue is well documented and has been talked to death in this forum and others.  The ball is in Pandora's court, and Pandora claims a fix is in the works, but unfortunately is doubtful given that our models of the Instinct are a dying breed.  The next generation of Instincts better not have this problem!

See this thread for a recent conversation on the Pandora earphone volume issue.  Getting some really loud earbuds is probably your best bet for dealing with it.

ah, thanks for the reply.  atleast pandora doesn't freeze the phone.

Journeyman

I think I'm done with this phone. I usually don't change phones in the middle of a two year contract, but the lack of serious support to fixing the many glarringly obvious problems with this phone have forced me to consider otherwise. And definitely no Instinct HD for me. Any device that Sprint has any hand in updating or creating the OS is off my list. As someone said earlier, I need a "hero" to come rescue me from this Instink, but I may wait a bit to see if Apple is going to start putting the iPhone on other networks as it has been much rumored. In that case, I may just have to leave Sprint after almost a decade of service. But never to AT&T, they are terrible.

Highlighted
Patron

I might be jumping the gun here but oh well!  I think I'm calling this update P.O.S. part 2! My phone has not locked up this many times in the entire time I have owned it. ... POS 1 was MR 6!

We all knew that they were not going to give us a great update even after taking 3+ months to fix the problems of POS1. I am so tired of seeing the white screen of death!

Journeyman

I've been updated to MR 7 for almost 2 days. My music player works but I only have 328 songs currently on my SDHC card. I'm almost fearful of adding more because of the music player issues. All the photos I have take are still accessable. My biggest issue so far is the lack of fixes for the browser. I can't even visit the Supersite for Windows (www.winsupersite.com), because once you click from the roadblock to the mainsite page, I get the Out of Memory browser error 99% of the time. This memory error is so annoying and it feels like the browser has slowed to molasses. It would be nice if Opera got its browser going, but it has issues as well. So our options are native crappy browser A or Opera crappy rendering browser B. A no win scenario for all Instinct owners.

While MR-7 is at least the promised fixed to MR-6 and I am grateful that they did deliver on it, I'm very disappointed that none of the other major issues were addressed. No screen lock, no browser improvements, no free stock app, no music player update, no fixes for the email, no fixes for the calendar, no fixes for the calculator, no real improvement for Sprint TV, no new apps recently from Sprint period, no updates for the IM client, no updates to MySpace app, no updates to Facebook app, and a CEO who didn't have a clue about the Instinct's problem.

I guess Instinct users have really no choice but to get rid of this phone. It seems like the only solution. To be perfectly honest, I really feel that considering how late, how badly, and how pathetically Instinct users have been treated, my gut is telling me that Sprint doesn't deserve a new contract from me. I'd rather pay to someone else. However, Simply Everything even such as it is is one heck of a value especially with Any Mobile, Anytime.

So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Upgrade in February or just let my contract lapse in 2011. I have time but I feel Instinct users deserve some serious compensation and an apology for the one thing after another mistreatment of their customers. I doubt we'll get either one.

Message was edited by: jogomez721

Journeyman

How could the CEO not know of Any issues with the Instinct other than he doesn't want to know?

I really hope they are as open with issues as we are, otherwise this site is not only worthless, but it would explain why not even a simple calculator error has never been addressed after 1 YEAR...I hope that's not the case, and we're not all just wasting our time here.

I'm under the impression that unless a wider outlet is accessed, that there won't be any more fixes for our phone...

One of the improvements was to the tv, and the rss feed...but I haven't heard significant complaints about either ( especially the tv ) in quite a while...

Curious who's more important when it comes to reporting issues...us, or Sprint employees who report their own issues?  Standard browsing is horrible, yet it was one of the biggest selling points once upon a time....when did the mobile mode take presidence?

Observations, why question an issue because your not having it?  Why can't you just pass the information to the person in charge of fixing our issues...

A visual of one issue, and confirmation of another said issue, and still haven't heard, your right, passing this on now...nothing...I'm at a loss here...

What would I have to gain by decieving anyone?  I'm trying to help too, lol....

Journeyman

I hate to defend Sprint in this one but I am almost just hoping that they had to get MR7 out before the can address some of the other updates. If I remember those each came out on there own. The music player updates seperately as does email and the web browser and tv. I don't use the web browser (native or Opera) as much as most who are having issues so I count account for those. I do have the song limit issue on the music player. No issues with Navigation or "!" on contacts but we have all seen them posted here so that has to count for something and some recommendations have been made for some. Please MDG or anyone from sprint that is regular to the site let us know if anything is now in the works to help with these other issues. Don't leave all the Instinct users with disfunctional phones can newer models are being pushed out and it isn't business smart to continue working on these. If that is the case open BREW for others to try to correct the issues. Let developers who still actually enjoy this phone work to fix what you don't care about. And tell us sorry but we no longer are working on MR's for the M800. Sprint atleast owes its subscribers that.

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

If I recall, another major function of this update was to open up the API's (?) that were previously locked to developers. Now I don't know if that will lead to more application development, but it certainly can't hurt. If the company continues to bring out future versions of the Instinct and it's operating system, that should make it more attractive for developers, or hopefully at least any new applications will be backwards compatible across all versions of the Instinct.

Patron

If the newer Instinks will have Android instead of Poo(Brew) then the backwards compatability part won't work at all. The instink would have developers if they weren't trifling when it came to the developer challenge when the phone first launched. We'd have all sorts of applications! Whosoever was the dumb anus that chose to not give out the prize for that challenge should stick themselves with a sharp stick! How much publicity could they have gained from that?

What I'm noticing is, that it's mostly third party apps that are super unstable on my phone now. The apps that used to work just fine seem to freeze up or send the phone to white screen of death occassionally.

Journeyman

Hi..I was one of the victims of the MR-6 update, I had to change my phone. I downloaded the new update and i have different problems, my speed dial is ok, but my phone freeze without reason, it restart at anytime, I DON'T HAVE SIGNAL!!!!  I live in Puerto Rico and i always had signal, since the update, ALL MY CALLS FAIL (signal fail error), if i try to opn my songs i recieve something like NO MEMORY and the zoom acts crazy... I called Sprint and they told me there's no problem with the signal in my area. My boyfriend have Sprint, His parent, my mom and his brother and they had full signal!!! i'm a customer since Sprint arrive to P.R, now we are Premier Customer but i'm so angry!!! i can't meke/recieve calls, the browser is awful, my cellphone reset at any time...and i don't want a "new" (refurbished) phone, i don't trust any update, and i don't trust Sprint, HOW YOU WILL TRUST A COMPANY WHO SAID THAT THEY HAVE THE "IPHONE KILLER" BUT REALLY THEY ONLY HAVE A GREAT PHONE BUT BLOKED FOR DEVELOPERS AND PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE GOOD UPDATES???? this phone have a lot of potential but you SPRINT people are killing it...you will loose good customer for sure...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat