cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance coverage change

Highlighted
Journeyman

Insurance coverage change

Did anyone else get the notice that the nonrefundable deductable on the instinct insurance is being changed from 50 to $100? I've had about enough of being promised one thing and having something else delivered with this phone. I probably wouldn't have bought this phone knowing that the vendor had so little confidence in it.

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Im sure this is due to the exorbitant amount of failed in...

Im sure this is due to the exorbitant amount of failed instincts returned thus far. Yet another kick in the pants! Starting to see why Sprint keeps hemoraging customers. Keep it up Sprint, with this kind of thing continuing to happen, you corporate guys will no doubt be out of a job or taking orders from Verizon or AT&T within a year or so. No doubt in my mind this will happen in time.

Journeyman

Re: Insurance coverage change

I brought my instinct into a store yesterday because it wouldn't read the memory card. They were going to replace it for free but instead replaced it for $35 because they found water damage. I don't even have insurance. I was very pleased to hear this, and it may have been because I've been a good customer for 12 years. My overall approval rating of sprint skyrocketed when this happened.

Journeyman

the new rate highjacki....err, I mean rate hike goes in effect April 19th... I see no need to give these people any more $$$ considering you can buy them all day long for less than it cost to replace

Journeyman

I also got the letter in the mail the about deductible go...

I also got the letter in the mail the about deductible going up and it isn't Sprint fault. The company that handles the Insurance is Asurion. Have you seen the chart that came with the letter? Nearly every PDA is going to $100 dollars. I looked at there website and saw T-Mobile is up to $130 deductible and you can only file a claim twice a year. AT&T deductible is up to $125. At least Sprint gets three claims a year and maximum is $100 deductible.

Journeyman

Re: I also got the letter in the mail the about deductible go...

They could at least keep what they advertise for the life of a contract.

Journeyman

I am not a fan of the Instinct and expect it will fail ag...

I am not a fan of the Instinct and expect it will fail again in the next 6 months; I have had 3 in 30 days. Assurion is the largest underwriter in the United States and rates are based on failure rate of an appliance and, when applicable, to theft. I had no idea that the rate was going upto $100. At what point will it go to $150? Will there be a better phone? Will it be better to go to another carrier and pay the cancellation fee? It also takes 12 waiting days to receive a "new" refurbished phone. At the rate Sprint is losing its market share, we can only guess its likelihood as an ongoing concern.

Patron

asurion is now useless for instinct. I can get an Instinct for $80 on ebay or craigslist now. should i even bother with the math? what the hell. 7x24=168 + 100 deduct= $268+ shipping! vs $80?

Patron

they offer no customer service, unwilling to answer questions unless your giving them your cc. F em. ya i said it. they swear theyre in a good disposition to treat cust as they do.i pay ur salary bud!

Journeyman

I have not received a letter about this, but if it's true I will be cancelling insurance on both phones at the beginning of April. I refuse to pay $100 to replace a phone I paid $50 for, the LG Rumor. I only paid $100 for my Instinct, but I can replace that myself cheaper than $100, if not with an Instinct, then a phone that is just as good.

Considering the current dissatisfaction of customers with Sprint, this is a bad move on their part. I know the insurance is separate from sprint, but surely they could insist that Asurion honor contracts that have the current replacement fee, introducing the hike with new contracts.

This will cost them, may even be the killing blow to Sprint.

Patron

I just got my letter yesterday. This is crap. Sprint is j...

I just got my letter yesterday. This is crap. Sprint is just screwing everyone, anyway they can right now. Release crappy product, than make you pay a billion dollars to replace it. Sounds like a good marketing scheme.

Journeyman

Just a thought on this. Is this insurance coverage somethingwe signed for on the sprint contract paperwork (I'm at work for 24hrs and cannot get to the paperwork)? If so this could be another 30 day period (like the $0.75t o $0.99 hike) to get out without paying the ETF. I think it's something worth looking into atleast. What do you think?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat