cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Instinct a "World Phone"? Like will it work in Europe?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Is Instinct a "World Phone"? Like will it work in Europe?

My prior Treo 650 was useless in Europe because it's not a "World Phone". Is the Instinct?

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Is Instinct a "World Phone"? Like will it work in Europe?

The Instinct is a CDMA phone - most of Europe uses the GSM standard for mobile phones.  It will not work.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Sprint currently has two "World Phones" that will work in Europe. The Samsung Ace (Windows Mobile phone) and the Blackberry 8830. The Nextel Direct Connect i920, is also an international phone, however, I'm not sure if it works in Europe or not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We also provide rental phones that are GSM only for use when you travel. If you are planning on going out of the country and would like to find out more information on them, you can call the Worldwide Care team at 1-888-226-7212, or you can visit this page on the Sprint website: Traveling Internationally.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for posting that Alysa. I didn't even know that was an option. Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What about Mexico? Planning to travel there soon, would b...

What about Mexico? Planning to travel there soon, would be good to know if my phone will work there or not.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

It appears most CDMA phones should work in Mexico - this link shows the coverage types and recommended phones. 

Side note - I had no idea this site was still live; I wrote it about 6 years ago.  I would have sworn it was turned down years ago when we merged with Nextel.

Another side note - if that link doesn't work, go here:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/coverage/internationalroaming/Search.jsp

and choose North America, then Mexico. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat