cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody else having serious Data Issues?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anybody else having serious Data Issues?

I am on handset #3 already. I cannot seem to keep a network connection. I keep getting errors #'s 67 and error s7112. It seems as though sprint tech support has no answers and even keeps resetting the connection. Is anybody else havin these types of issues?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Is anybody else having serious Data Issues?

Well at least you can access the internet some of the time.

I am on handset #2. The first one I was unable to access mobile sync because it would freeze up the phone. I figured out that was the problem and went back to the store and exchanged it for what I thought was a better phone.

The second phone won't access ANY data services. It says that my PCS VISION is DISABLED. And after at least 7 calls to technical support and a visit to the repair center, no one can figure out WHY my phone is not connected.

I try to update the data profile and it gives me error 49657 which basically says call customer care.

Journeyman

Journeyman

I, too, am having network connectivity issues. My trouble...

I, too, am having network connectivity issues. My troubles began over the weekend when I went out of town. On my trip I went through a couple of "dead zones" and the phone never seemed to re-synchronize with the network after that. When checking the weather, news or my email the data connection icons don't light up and after about 2-3 minutes I get an error message stating that the phone cannot establish a connection with the network, check the data connection and try again (S7112). At this point nothing requiring the data service works. If I go the the general setting in the phone and hit the "Update Data Profile" button, this seems to re-establish the data connection and I can then perform normal data operations. However, if I don't use the connection for some time, around 30-45 min., I seem to have the same problem all over again. I called into tech support once for this and they reset my data services and this seemed to fix my problems for about a half a day, then I hit a roaming area and my problem was back. This is quite a disapointing experience for such a killer phone. Based on the amount of posts in this thread, though, I would say we are a small group that is experiencing this problem. Also, there was no mention of a fix for this in the "End of July" update that the Admins posted, so maybe it's time to exchange the phone and see if that fixes the issue. I'm going to call tech support again and see what can be done.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem everyone else is. Everytime I go to the Sprint store, they tell me they don't have any Instincts in the store. Any other suggestions.

Journeyman

Looks like these applications are unable to re-activate the data connection due to some kind of time-out. Here are some temporary solutions:

http://instinctbookmarks.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-resolve-s7112-error-on-instincts.html

Journeyman

Are there known data network issues today (2/6/09) in the...

Are there known data network issues today (2/6/09) in the Austin, TX area? I can not connect to the network since early this morning. Keep getting S7112 or "Error #2048 Network busy. Please try again". Voice svc is working.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat