cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having a problem with rotating picture to set as background?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone having a problem with rotating picture to set as background?

I took a picture with my phone straight up and placed it in my photos, as i go to the picture to try to set it as my background a little screen pops up saying I can rotate, frame, and zoom background image as desired. So I hit the roatate button and it only rotates one way. I'm trying to get my picture to sit right side up in my background so when I hit the unlock button I can view the picture but instead the picture is upside down so I have to turn the phone around to view it correctly. I called sprint and noone could help me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I took a picture with the phone horizonal and was able to...

I took a picture with the phone horizonal and was able to rotate it to straight up and down as my background. I am confused as to why you would want a horizonal pic when you turn the phone on since the clock and so forth is vertical. Sprint probably didn't expect anyone to want that. Maybe they will see this and fix that in the future.

Journeyman

I had the same prob. the phone tells you you can rotate i...

I had the same prob. the phone tells you you can rotate it but dosent allow you to............... I actually thought it is alot of bull that you cant rotate any picture from the picture area. My brother sent me a picture from his phone, but its tured sideways. well I cant use it very well becasue when ever he call the picture come in sideways.

Journeyman

I dont know what you guys are talking about.... I set my...

I dont know what you guys are talking about.... I set my background pic, rotated it from landscape to portrait (slight delay when i tapped the rotate icon, so i overrotated twice, no biggie), zoomed it to my liking and was done. As ar as I can tell it worked perfectly. I had just applied the update 5 mins prior, and changing the background was the first thing i had done. Maybe your update didnt apply properly?

Journeyman

Re: Is anyone having a problem with rotating picture to set as background?

@BeeZZee wrote:
I took a picture with my phone straight up and placed it in my photos, as i go to the picture to try to set it as my background a little screen pops up saying I can rotate, frame, and zoom background image as desired. So I hit the roatate button and it only rotates one way. I'm trying to get my picture to sit right side up in my background so when I hit the unlock button I can view the picture but instead the picture is upside down so I have to turn the phone around to view it correctly. I called sprint and noone could help me. Does anyone have any ideas?

I had the same problem, but it sounds like our sources are different. See I resized a few pictures to the instinct's screen size and it did what you describe. However when I put them on full size, they rotated fine. Now in beteeen that I had done a full reset on my phone, so it could be either of those. Since yours is with the camera, I have no idea. But thought I'd share what I experienced.

Journeyman

Thanks for the help guys, i just used another picture tha...

Thanks for the help guys, i just used another picture that worked fine. but with some other ones i'm still having trouble rotating my pics correctly.., we will see what happens. Thanks again

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat