cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to be alerted of an incoming call while viewing TV or Listening to a Music station?

Journeyman

Is it possible to be alerted of an incoming call while viewing TV or Listening to a Music station?

I have found that i have been missing calls when browsing Internet, viewing video, and listening to music on the Radio. Surely there is a notification function of an incoming call while in these modes..... right? .... please?

Tags (4)
23 REPLIES 23
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Is it possible to be alerted of an incoming call while viewing TV or Listening to a Music station?

As far as I know, when you are using data services, calls go to Voicemail. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

You are right , i just made a test, i cant make calls to...

You are right , i just made a test, i cant make calls to my phone while its on TV mode. haha, that sucks.

Patron

but do you get Vmail notification atleast?

but do you get Vmail notification atleast?

Journeyman

thanks for the responses Calls do go to Voicemail, and no...

thanks for the responses Calls do go to Voicemail, and notification of Vmail does come, but only after ending the TV/Radio program. and yes i think this kinda sucks. whats the big deal of having ulimited Internet/TV-Radio if it ultimately renders you unaccessible! so i wonder is this technologically possible with any phone? i am new to such features so am ignorant as to what could be expected here. anyone?

Journeyman

It doesn't matter

It really doesn't matter what I'm doing, listening to music, watching TV, listening to radio, using Sprint Navigation, using the web page. When a call comes in, it pauses the data service rings the phone. When the call ends, the data service starts again.

Journeyman

Re: thanks for the responses Calls do go to Voicemail, and no...

On my blackberry pearl, when using data services, the phone pauses the services and allows you to connect the call. When you hang up, the data service resumes.

Journeyman

great thanks Sirike! i wonder tho if your test was while...

great thanks Sirike! i wonder tho if your test was while watching a TV/Radio Channel or surfing sites? as i have found after more testing that i am notified of an incoming call and given the opt to receive while viewing websites, so the issue is apparently isolated to TV/Radio Channels in my case. Thanks again for the input.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you have moved over your own media, I've only tried mu...

If you have moved over your own media, I've only tried music, it will provide the option to accept the call or not.

Journeyman

i have not yet been successful in moving music over to be...

i have not yet been successful in moving music over to be able to listen and test in that manner. i tried one transfer via bluetooth but when i search for music in the player it is not showing up. i am on a mac and unable to utilize whatever the content manager offers for these file transfers.....and this is something i am about to post about as i have not found a way yet to do this.... any suggestions?

Journeyman

Excellent feedback Sirike, thank you! so it can be done....

Excellent feedback Sirike, thank you! so it can be done. now, will it on this phone? dare i expect a response from Sprint or Samsung?

Journeyman

In my opinion, not receiving an incoming call alert while...

In my opinion, not receiving an incoming call alert while using data or the TV/music service is a SERIOUS drawback and the greatest flaw in the Insinct. The primary use of this device is the phone; everthying else is only secondary. If I am listening to music all day while I work, no one can get in touch with me! This is unacceptable to me. Needless to say, I am returning my Instinct to the Sprint store. I'll probably get a device running on Windows Mobile or perhaps a Blackberry.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat