cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to turn mp3 into a ringtone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible to turn mp3 into a ringtone?

Does anyone know if you can make an mp3 your ringtone for a person, and if so how do you do it? I have songs on my Instinct but they wont show up when I go to set a ringer for a contact. I have yet to figure out how to turn anmp3 into a ringtone on this phone. I could do it on my Treo 700wx, but not on the instinct. I tried saving my music on the micro SD card in various folders via my laptop, but to no avail, it didnt work. I dont want to buy a ringtone and it not work. That is what is worrying me about this phone. I am finding more and more little things that cant be done on this phone that should have been basic components. I bought a poker game that was on the phone as a demo, and still havent recieved a text that will let me down load the game. I tried to send it from my content on sprint.com but that didnt work. I like this phone, but if you cant turn a simple mp3 into a ringtone on the phone, it is pretty much worthless. I will give it two more weeks to see if they get some updates for it, but if not I am going to go get theHTC touch instead. I hate that I cant do much on this phone. I guess if you are a spoiled PDA/Smartphone user this is almost a step backward.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Is it possible to turn mp3 into a ringtone?

Go here: http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/index.php. It will send you a text and then use the browser to send the MP3 (from your computer) to your phone.

Journeyman

Thanks. This is the first thing I have found on the Insti...

Thanks. This is the first thing I have found on the Instict that worked.

Journeyman

You can also go to www.myxer.com register for a free acco...

You can also go to www.myxer.com register for a free account and do the same thing. You can also edit your own customized Mp3 on the fly on their site too without having to download any other applications. Then it sends you a text to download and assign to whoever you want to. Wonderful site. -B

Journeyman

Re: Thanks. This is the first thing I have found on the Insti...

then why do you keep it? Return it and get yourself a new phone.If all you're going to do is complain about it and hope things get fixed you're not the right person for 1st gen. phones.

Journeyman

If you have any problems with the cellsea website, you ca...

If you have any problems with the cellsea website, you can email them and they have GREAT customer service!

Journeyman

there is a great site for FREE ringtones with no sign ups...

there is a great site for FREE ringtones with no sign ups or charges that works great with the instict or any other PDA/Smartphone....it is www.zedge.com. Just find what you want and download it to your your desktop (not your phone) then use the RUMKIN phone uploader listed above to tranfer it to your phone via sms....the wallpapers work for the instict too but the games are trial and error some work and others don't. But for ringers this site can't be touched!

Journeyman

GREAT TIPS!! Rumkin uploader & Cellsea are just what...

GREAT TIPS!! Rumkin uploader & Cellsea are just what i was looking for. Thanks dogwoodfan777 & caseylowe

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat