cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to remove the 6/3 music store "upgrade" that breaks the music app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a way to remove the 6/3 music store "upgrade" that breaks the music app?

Sprint? Can we remove it? Having a limit of 1127 songs is unacceptable given that the phone accepts SDHC cards that easily allow users to exceed that number of songs.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is there a way to remove the 6/3 music store "upgrade" that breaks the music app?

Agreed. It's making some people happy, so don't make it a forced downgrade, but you should give us the option of removing this intentionally flawed update. Really, what kind of MP3 player can't handle a couple thousand songs? A 3 year old iPod nano could do that without any trouble. There's no logical reason for such a limited player.

Highlighted
Patron

Re: Is there a way to remove the 6/3 music store "upgrade" that breaks the music app?

I'm glad I switched phones. Each passing update for the Instinct makes me wonder what Sprint is thinking, what are their priorities, and which one are not. We've made every suggestion posible, we have told them what is wrong and what is not since June 2008. It's June 2009, 90% of our suggestions, concerns, and bugs have not been fixed. WHy is that seriously?

And what's even better though is that Sprint doesn't answer this type of reply. I wonder why. If ideas and fixes takes time to make, isn't one year too much?

Highlighted
Journeyman

what kind of reply are you expecting from sprint nspeed?

"we're sorry, we'll listen to you requests from now on and begin implementing them immediatly."

"screw off you pathetic little number, what would you simpleton know about cell phones anyways?"

i bet they are thinking the second, but would be lieing if they said the first. so they are just keep their mouths shut.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't fathom how Sprint has screwed everyone over so bad with this phone. It's something I will NEVER forget about this company. Release a phone with promise of fixes and cool features, then not come through with anything really. It's absurd and insane. Saturday can't come any sooner for me Palm Pre here I come.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A 3 year old iPod nano could do that without any trouble. There's no logical reason for such a limited player.

Hell, my 5 year old Neuros can do it without any trouble. The thing that's most disappointing about this is that they broke the stupid thing, with no noticeable payoff. Every other upgrade they've done has had at least some benefit, even if they haven't added things like screen locking. This "upgrade" renders the player useless if your goal is to have one device that's able to do multiple things "well enough" that it's unnecessary to carry around multiple gadgets.

I spent hours figuring out how to work around other shortcomings, like the USB 1.1 speed that made transferring music to the device using Media Manager slow as hell, how to get the album art to show up when not using Media Manager, etc. I was prepared to live with some annoyances, such as the nav volume being far lower than the music player, just for the convenience of that all in one device.

Message Edited by deathweezel on 06-05-2009 08:02 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@deathweezel wrote:

I spent hours figuring out how to work around other shortcomings, like the USB 1.1 speed that made transferring music to the device using Media Manager slow as hell, how to get the album art to show up when not using Media Manager, etc.

I feel your pain. I manage all my music on a Mac, so I've never had the assistance of Media Manager. It's all done by Finder to manage folders/files and Terminal to clean up ._ files in my case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd pay good money for it a decent music player, if the new "open API" update would allow one of the Java geniuses to write such a thing. Ten or twenty bucks would be well worth it for a good player, I think.

Here's one feature it should have, which my Neuros does: An on the fly playlist, or live queue. I like to play whatever the mood strikes me to play, and the Neuros allows me to scroll through songs and add them to the current play queue on the fly.

I'd write it myself, but I'm not sure I could even figure out enough Java to make it list the songs...

Message Edited by deathweezel on 06-06-2009 06:42 AM

Highlighted
Patron

I found a nice one a while ago => Maji (demo video)<= but I haven't purchased it. I don't think I should have to pay a third party for a decent music player when the instink should have one already. This one uses LWUIT and is pretty smooth, can download album covers, song lyrics ...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat