cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to use the Instinct for phone-as-modem?

Journeyman

Is there any way to use the Instinct for phone-as-modem?

So is it true that there is absolutely no way at all to use the Instinct for "phone-as-modem"?...I heard something about using Bluetooth in some way but can't seem to find any info on that myself.

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Is there any way to use the Instinct for phone-as-modem?

The phone has the ability but it's not enabled right now. Maybe some time in the future they will enable it or maybe not.

Journeyman

I too am looking for this feature. I would love to ditch...

I too am looking for this feature. I would love to ditch my DSL at home. I don't use it that much. I would be willing to pay $15-20 a month extra if Sprint allowed this. ~ Joshua

Journeyman

Re: I too am looking for this feature. I would love to ditch...

I'm using my Samsung M500 right now, on the "Simply Everything" plan and it works great for phone-as-modem.I'm not sure what it would cost by itself. I'm afraid I'm going to have to return my Instinct because of this. It's a feature that I don't want to lose.

It was the first thing I asked about when I bought it and the woman helping me assured me that I COULD use it for phone-as-modem.

Journeyman

Re: I too am looking for this feature. I would love to ditch...

Well it might be enabled when the update goes live by the end of the month. Have you tried calling sprint see if they can help you with that?

Journeyman

Those who say it's "not possible" are sadly mistaken and ignorant or mislead. However, since this board is owned by Sprint, no one is likely to elaborate further here.

But, if you read the specifications of the phone, it says it's capable.

Sprint says it's not offered.

That's all.

Journeyman

I have called them and here is the deal. you must have the unlimited internet plan with the instinctphone so they do not want to let you have access to the internet with unlimited internet as a phone to modem for your home network or computer. Right now you can use it that way if you have the pay for internet by minutes plan. so with the unlimited plan it is not an option.

In the future they may change this and add a monthly fee to use it as such.

Lorddog

Journeyman

Well, I'll continue to use my M500 and I'm so glad I found out in time, before I switched . I'm returning the Instinct and will wait. I continue to be very leery of dealing with Sprint because you can never count on what anyone says. I was told by the Sprint employee who sold me the phone that I COULD continue my PAM service with the new phone and I think she was sincere, it's just that Sprint changes the rules so fast that even their own employees can't keep up. It's really a bad way to do business.

Journeyman

when i loaded the disc that came with the phone the insta...

when i loaded the disc that came with the phone the installer screen showed a driver to use the phone as a modem, i didnt test it out as i have no use for it but the capability is there

Journeyman

Re: when i loaded the disc that came with the phone the insta...

If you had tried to use it, you wouldn't have been able to.

Journeyman

It is possible. You just have to find out how elsewhere.

Patron

yes u can use it has phone has modem got to unlock it in...

yes u can use it has phone has modem got to unlock it in the firmware

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat