cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just outta curiosity....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just outta curiosity....

I come here to possibly read about interesting news, possible firmware updates or tricks people discovered on their Instinct. But it seems every thread is about so many ridiculous and insignificant posts. People crying and complaining. "Get rid of your Instinct" or "Could Instinct do that thing iphone does?" All of you knew you had a free 30 day trial to try out the phone... right? ok. In 30 days any sane, logical thinking person can safely determine if they... A) like the phone. B) Don't like the phone. So many of you obviously chose B, but for some inexplainable reason you all kept your phones. Theres so much complaining going on... So the obvious question is... WHY?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Patron

we just all know what we want and we are doing what it takes to get it its not complaining...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kind sir, with all respect, not everyone has found themselves in the same predicament. I, for instance, bought the phone online, and was unaware the trial period started at the date of purchase, rather than the date of phone activation. I was dumbfounded when I called in to cancel my account and send my phone back, when Sprint told me that I was past the 30 day trial period by a mear single day. I was outraged. Sprint's notion of "trying a phone" obviously did not fit here as I was without the phone for almost a week.

So I ask, how can I try a phone I don't have yet? I was ready and willing to switch to AT&T/iphone, but Sprint brought out the fine print (lacking any common sense.) Now I'm stuck with them. I might as well wait this out and see how the phone does because either way I'm going to be paying a 200 dollar ETF. They've offered a free upgrade to a Touch Diamond Pro at the end of the month, but I don't think that phones for me.

Message Edited by chronstinct on 10-09-2008 03:44 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

To answer your question I think most of us like our phones overall but there are many things not working correctly. If we don't complain loud and clear Sprint (or any other company for that matter) likely won't be in any hurry to fix the issues. Plus what kind of solution is "just return it"? I was sold a product and service and was told it could do "x". The onus is on the seller to now deliver what he has sold. If we "just return it", where is the accountability to the seller? Why should I have to go to the extra steps of going back to the store, switching devices and plans etc.? Do I get to bill Sprint for my time? Sadly I think your attitude contributes to the poor customer service in "all" industries today. Companies sell you stuff and move on to the next sale. If things don't work it is up to the customer to jump through hoops to make it right. That's not customer service and it creates the "churn" that all these companies give lip service to wanting to alleviate. If you take my money for a product or service, make it work as advertised without putting me out..."I'm the customer".

Highlighted
Master

I wonder if sprint is counting all the returned phones (some of us have had three or four replacements) as Sold? By that I mean dothey add them to there total sold. "WE SOLD ONE MILLION" when in reality theyreplaced "THOUSANDS"

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat