cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keyboard Problems?

Is anybody else having problems when typing text messages, such as not the letter you typed coming up? How about a delay from keyboard to screen, resulting in a long string of letters because it didn't register the first tiime you entered the letter? Just curious. If this has already been discussed, I sure apologize. Thanks!

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Patron

Re: Keyboard Problems?

@Vortexan wrote:
Is anybody else having problems when typing text messages, such as not the letter you typed coming up? How about a delay from keyboard to screen, resulting in a long string of letters because it didn't register the first tiime you entered the letter? Just curious. If this has already been discussed, I sure apologize. Thanks!

Yes and yes it has, many times.

Journeyman

same problems here too, love the keyboard but i can text pretty fast and the freezing up really slows me down,,,maybe that will be included in the update on the 17th

Journeyman

All of the above.

Journeyman

here here!

Journeyman

Yes... I agree, this is a problem

Master

Glad to see others are starting to complain about the keyboard problems. Just a guess, but most likely the lag has to do with the spell check. If they allowed it to be turned off all together or even just moved to the Preview screen (screen shown when you hit Done). Also, some of the keys could do with some remapping and redesign. I tend to hit the space key several times when attempting to hit one of the keys above it. And I can't tell you how many times I've hit the keyboard orientation button when attempting to hit the letter 'P' because the dead space around the button isn't actually dead space. Clicking the dead space around some of the keys actually registers the key closest to it or around it rather then act like dead space.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I simply cannot train my thumbs to hit certain keys. I've tried calibration over and over but somehow manage to hit the space bar instead of V or B and maybe get F instead of R.

I wish I'd gone for another phone with a raised keyboard.

Journeyman

The main problem I have with the keyboard is that it doesn't pop up when I'm using Opera or Google Maps. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or not, it could just be my phone.

Journeyman

sweet greggo, that problem is a huge issue. See that big petition at the top of the forum? It's so sprint will make their keyboard accessbile to third party apps.

Message Edited by chronstinct on 09-16-2008 11:40 AM

Journeyman

LOL. . . . Funny stuff. . . funny stuff.

Master

<blockquote><hr>chronstinct wrote:<br>sweet greggo, that problem is a huge issue. See that big petition at the top of the forum? It's so sprint will make their keyboard accessbile to third party apps.<div class="message-edit-history"><span class="edit-author">Message Edited by chronstinct on </span><span class="local-date">09-16-2008</span><span class="local-time"> 11:40 AM</span></div><hr></blockquote><p>He's aware of the problem, he's just being funny. Smiley Happy</p>

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat