cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Volume regarding bluetooth headsets

Highlighted
Patron

Lack of Volume regarding bluetooth headsets

I have an h12 Motorola.. I have tried a couple others as well and have had the same problem. When I am in an ideal quiet area the volume is fine. At slightly above normal noise levels, the headset is pretty much useless. Even with the all volume levels cranked.. It is very difficult to hear. I like using the voice command features and it is very hard to hear the Instincts voice prompts.. Am I missing something? Is their a fix for this? thanks in advance for any help!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Lack of Volume regarding bluetooth headsets

Nope, you are not missing anything. The voice command is fairly soft through the bluetooth headset.  I've found the same to be true on many phones - I've been searching for a 'high noise environment' bluetooth headset for a long while, and haven't had much luck. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I agree lucky013, the Instinct's Bluetooth volume level's...

I agree lucky013, the Instinct's Bluetooth volume level's is terrible. My PPC 6700 was louder through the BT than the Instinct's(using the same BT device). And Voice Command volume levels is terrible as well even without the Bluetooth. Listening to your Voicemail is so soft it's a strain to listen to it in a quiet room.

Journeyman

I have a Jabra Bluetooth that I used with my Katana and had no problem hearing anything on the headset. Now, the Instinct that I upgraded to isn't as loud as the old phone was. Is this an issue with the phone or the headset? I crank the volume all the way up and it's still really quiet. Drives me nuts! I didn't switch headsets or even phone manufacturers. What's the deal? Why is it so quiet all of a sudden? Anyone have any ideas or a way I can boost the volume up a bit?

Master

@frybug wrote:
I have a Jabra Bluetooth that I used with my Katana and had no problem hearing anything on the headset. Now, the Instinct that I upgraded to isn't as loud as the old phone was. Is this an issue with the phone or the headset? I crank the volume all the way up and it's still really quiet. Drives me nuts! I didn't switch headsets or even phone manufacturers. What's the deal? Why is it so quiet all of a sudden? Anyone have any ideas or a way I can boost the volume up a bit?

If you do the "Volume Mod" it helps.

Enter test mode from dialer by entering:
47*869#1235

Enter code 078, these seem to bevolume settings:

PCS HAND SPK 000
PCS HEAD SPK 120
PCS AHFK SPK 000
PCS SPKR SPK 120
PCS BTEM SPK 040
CEL HAND SPK 000
CEL HEAD SPK 120
CEL AHFK SPK 000
CEL SPKR SPK 120
CEL BTERM SPK 040

AHFK stands for Auto Hands Free Kit
Increasing it increases headphone volume.

The range on these values is 0 to 120

Volume up/down to move from one volume setting to the next, then type-in the new value and the Done button. Press # then 002 to get out.

It was first posted to fix the low bluetooth volume, I have mine all set at 120.

Message Edited by Levi4u on 01-04-2009 08:44 PM

Journeyman

I have a Sony Erickson HBH 660 and find the volume quite loud, the problem which I have reported here http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=InstinctBugs&thread.id=224 is the voice command volume changes with the ringer volume. If I turn up the ringer volume all the way, and my BT headset volume all the way, its actually too loud and hurts my ear.

Ron

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat