cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat with the Dev Team?

Highlighted
Master

Live Chat with the Dev Team?

I would like to propose a live chat with the Dev Team to understand the future of this phone and to see what is next update wise. And why the bugs and issues we've reported have gone unnoticed. It would seem that if they got all the bugs worked out on this phone it would sell like hotcakes and would have more developers interested in designing APP's. I love all the phone is capable of and would like to know that my investment was long term, Not disposable. I don't wish to change phones every year and want to know if there are plans on continued support.

12 REPLIES 12
Wizard

Re: Live Chat with the Dev Team?

I will run that idea past the DEV team. Certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Master

Thank You Sarah.

Journeyman

Levi,

I'm not sure of the actual facts but it seems like I've read in more than a couple places that this is one of the most successful phones in Sprint history sales wise. Also I've read that it is one of the most sold phones at Best Buy ever. I can't back that up with numbers or sales figures, but I've seen that reported in a couple different places. Anecdotal evidence or not, that would at least imply that the Instinct already has sold like hotcakes.

I honestly doubt that the general public even know there are issues with the phone. I'd guess it is only a vocal minority of us who are gadgetphiles, tech heads and are closet iPhone envious. Most people have had only basic phones in the past and they are absolutely blown away by what the Instinct can do right now. On the other hand it is the cutting edge type like us that lead these techs into the general population. So if we start to abandon a tech it will likely fizzle.

Also just to wonder out loud. Are developers not designing apps for this because it is buggy? Or, are they shying away because it was a proprietary OS initially on only one handset, plus a very expensive entrance fee to develop for such a small ecosystem?

Like you, I love my phone, it is getting better with each update. I'm hoping that will continue because I would love to see this phone have a bright future.

Journeyman

I 2nd the PROPOSAL.

Journeyman

http://twitter.com/JGoldsborough

maybe some of them use Twitter like the PR department?

Journeyman

i do too just tell me when to log in plz

i do too just tell me when to log in plz

Journeyman

Re: i do too just tell me when to log in plz

it would still be nice to know first hand that the dev team (if there even is one) has heard my request from my mouth (or keyboard if you will) and responded somehow. however lame or short the respone, at least it would awknowledge their having heard it.

Please do this.

Journeyman

I too am interested in this idea

I too am interested in this idea

Journeyman

Re: I too am interested in this idea

Maybe, (since Sprint doesn't mind spamming me with worthless, un-useful, meaningless tips) you could have the development team send an email to Every Instinct owner for said event....Why limit this to just members....I would Love to hear the Instinct World voice their questions. mine are simple...they can expect these.

Why does my tv Still look like (fill in your own words)? And why an ipod setting(squared) instead of fullscreen?

Why not single tap zoom on the browser ( double tap is Also how we enter info...confuses the browser alot )

What can be done to fix the "Out of Memory" when browsing

When is the calculator going to be addressed?

What causes my phone to soft-reset (blink blink, speed dial page) and when they plan to tackle this issue?

Strange, all my questions have Never changed, nor have they Ever been addressed.(except the new double-tap browser?, which won't be either)

Nor will this meeting with the development team...

Journeyman

I agree, dont think this dev team chat will ever happen f...

I agree, dont think this dev team chat will ever happen for fear of receiving the most basic questions, which they have no intention of answering.

Journeyman

Re: I agree, dont think this dev team chat will ever happen f...

I think the real question is whether there really is a dev team for the instinct or if they just let a bunch of temporary interns crank out the patches.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat