cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Search Not Working

Journeyman

Live Search Not Working

Last week for no reason, my live search stopped working on my Samsung Instinct M800.  I updated the software and prl and the data profile.  I pulled the battery and let it sit for a while.  Nothing is working.  Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get this working again.  Just a side note, the navigation is working fine, but no Live Search.

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Live Search Not Working

Sorry for the inconvenience. What's the error message that you're getting it on your phone when you perform search on Live Search.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. I was told its because sprint no longer supports this app on my instinct. They didn,t bother to tell me just dropped feature. they say i can access gps and type what i want to find. BUT this was the one feature I really used. They already said I cannot get nascar live on my phone because its too old. Looks like I am being forced to get new phone which will include new contract. Hmmmmm.

Journeyman

I keep getting the message "connection lost."  It's weird. My nav works fine, but the live search is not doing a thing, but loading, then I get "connection lost."

Journeyman

I called sprint....they said the app has been shut down and its not coming back.

Also i noticed on the weather app that the local radar doesnt work either.

what will they take next.????!!!!

Sprint should lower my monthly payment! But we all know thats not ever gonna happen.

signed,

another unhappy customer!

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  I called Sprint and they said they are not aware of any known problem, but she suspected that the application was dropped.

Journeyman

The same thing happened to my phone.  I took it to my local sprint store and they assumed it was a malfunction in my phone.. did a factory reset and still did not work.  They assumed it was something wrong with the phone so we did a replacement... and the same thing is happening with the new phone.  It is very frustrating.  It first failed when I was in a new city, looking around to see if it was a place I wanted to move, not a great time to lose this feature.  It wasn't a feature I used often, but when I want it I would like to be able to use it!

Master

Live search was a product provided by Microsoft.  It was voice activated system that used a windows search engine to find the business you were looking for Microsoft terminated the live search and replaced it with Bing.  The software on the device no longer connects to the correct internet locations for this service

Journeyman

Is it going to become similar to live search?

Journeyman

Recenty everyone with live search lost that function. Something to do with samsung and microsoft. Even sprint techs did not know, they replaced the phone before they found out. Sprint sold me on this feature!!! Now it's well were sorry, it's out of our control.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat