cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loopt for MR-6 released and working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Loopt for MR-6 released and working

Available on the Digital Lounge and working for MR-6 for free.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, Kudos to the Loopt dev team.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wouldn't worry too much about Loopt draining your Instinct battery. Looking at my "Friends" map on Loopt's website my Instinct reports "last seen: 6 hours ago". My friends BB Curve (aslo on Sprint) reports "last seen: 12 minutes ago". I would say on average his phone updates at least once per hour or so.

On second thought...I wonder if the website only reports a new "last seen:" if your location changes. I am stationary now and my friend is driving across the state.

Highlighted
Patron

VERY pleased to see this working. I downloaded it previously, but always got an error message that there was not enough memory.

GREAT looking app, more for fun and sharing locations with friends or if you are somewhere interesting and want to share on social networking sites...but mostly pleased to see a new app that works as advertised on the Instinct and looks great.

Also, I was really trying to find a Twitter app that worked well, Chetu was rubbish. Someone earlier mentioned Staptu and I tried it, another great app, that WORKS and has a significantly better Twitter app than Chetu, along with another useful apps. Very pleased.

Highlighted
Wizard

i can't get it to auto refresh (running in the background). i made sure the Always Allow option is selected and the app's Always refresh option is also selected. i don't Log Out & Exit the app, just clicked on the phone's home key to exit.

i tested it with two instincts (m800) setup as friends and allow friends to see. i can see when they both are connected to loopt directly, but location won't update on it's own.

anyone able to get it to auto-update their location? if yes, any suggestions? thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you pressing the refresh button in the Loopt application on the top left? I do not log out of Loopt and just press the home button on the phone as well and every once in awhile, it will prompt me to log back in, but will update right away. It is not always correct, but it updates. Otherwise, it is updating on it's own. I do have Loopt set to update only when I'm running the app and sharing always with all friends. You can try logging out of Loopt and log back in, the last option would be to uninstall and re-install I guess. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Wizard

it updates if i purposefully start the app each time. but, it has an option to auto-update even if i don't have the loopt up, the "Always refresh" option. that's what i can't seem to get to work. someone mentioned that it would be a good option when the phone is lost, but if it doesn't auto-update the location then it's no good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think the phone itself has a GPS location option under settings, general, location "on". So that would work if the phone was lost or stolen I think. I had Loopt set for that option at first, "Always Refresh", but my location was always wrong and I don't think it updated either. Now that I have the other option checked, "Only Refresh when Loopt is running", it seems to keep my location better and updates fine. It seems to be hit or miss with this app, but is fun to play with.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat