Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR-3 Is Live.

Highlighted

MR-3 Is Live.

The validation testing has concluded and the files are posted in production. Customers will be able to pull down BH29 starting now. Additional communication will be provided tomorrow.

Instinct firmware BH29 includes the resolution of 249 tickets open since the previous public firmware release, BF30. The release also marks the first public release of the updated Instinct Web Browser, version 1.1. The new browser is based on an entirely new codebase and brings an 10x improvement to rendering speed, most noticeable in the areas of pan/zoom/resize functionality.

New browser features include:
* VC Button -> Hide/show controls; browser controls can be hidden to provide more screen to webpage display
* Favorites enhancements -> Improvements to favorites UI allows for sticky mode lock
* 34 other web browser tickets resolved

Instinct Admin Team

Message Edited by InstinctAdmin on 09-24-2008 06:28 PM

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, thanks. I'll go download that right now.

I'm assuming "additional communication" will be a list of fixes? Please let me know what I'm beta testing for you guys.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Sprint!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

little late

Highlighted
Journeyman

Beware. Updating causes you to loose your bookmark save sites. Back them up!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The first major improvement I see in the web browswer is viewing this site! I would get notifications in my hotmail via Instinct and click on the link to "view message" and if I sat the phone down for about 2 minutes, i could eventually (painfully) view the post. NOW!!! I can instantly see the page, pan, zoom, etc... and no more "the script running is causing the browser to run slowly, continue?" YEAH!

The next major improvement is I can no go to my companies webmail URL, enter my username and password and view my calendar online!! Prior experience was 1) unable to enter username and password due "cookie security issue" and 2) touch screen issues would not pick up my touch on links... just blink at me. Now, i can sign in, view my calendar, appointments, email, contact, etc... (Although I use email for work and work contact search, I love now being able to view my calendar from my phone if I need to.

The clickability of the browser also seems to be VERY much more accurate and responsive. The haptic feedback does not always seem to "react" but it work much better. VERY NICE JOB!

I am not sure what the "favoites" update has done just yet... but I will have to play with it or wait for the release notes to see.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the directional arrows are no longer available onthe keyboard so you can no longer delete or insert characters in the middle of a string. this requires delet8ng all the way back to the area of the string, making the changes and then retyping the rest of the string all over again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i never realized just how much screen real estate we were losing before... man, it's nice to have the whole screen now for websites. seems much faster for... tried a bunch of the old crashing sites and they work. have to see if i can log into ebay and if my bookmarks crash the phone. that's next to check out. thank god it came and seems to work. wonder what else outside of the browser got fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What exactly are these?

* VC Button -> Hide/show controls; browser controls can be hidden to provide more screen to webpage display
* Favorites enhancements -> Improvements to favorites UI allows for sticky mode lock

I don't see any difference in the hide/show from before the update........

Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you hide the controls on the left?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No update for me. Says I'm up-to-date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apparently allowing users to turn off their screen during a call was not a big enough bug to make the top 249 tickets. Unreal.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat