Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR-3 Is Live.

MR-3 Is Live.

The validation testing has concluded and the files are posted in production. Customers will be able to pull down BH29 starting now. Additional communication will be provided tomorrow.

Instinct firmware BH29 includes the resolution of 249 tickets open since the previous public firmware release, BF30. The release also marks the first public release of the updated Instinct Web Browser, version 1.1. The new browser is based on an entirely new codebase and brings an 10x improvement to rendering speed, most noticeable in the areas of pan/zoom/resize functionality.

New browser features include:
* VC Button -> Hide/show controls; browser controls can be hidden to provide more screen to webpage display
* Favorites enhancements -> Improvements to favorites UI allows for sticky mode lock
* 34 other web browser tickets resolved

Instinct Admin Team

Message Edited by InstinctAdmin on 09-24-2008 06:28 PM

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

@lgreenberg wrote:
the directional arrows are no longer available onthe keyboard so you can no longer delete or insert characters in the middle of a string. this requires delet8ng all the way back to the area of the string, making the changes and then retyping the rest of the string all over again.
They aren't there when you press the down arrow to hide the keyboard? They are on mine.

Journeyman

@sweet greggo wrote:

@lgreenberg wrote:
the directional arrows are no longer available onthe keyboard so you can no longer delete or insert characters in the middle of a string. this requires delet8ng all the way back to the area of the string, making the changes and then retyping the rest of the string all over again.
They aren't there when you press the down arrow to hide the keyboard? They are on mine.

I have them too

Journeyman

VC - Voice Control. Click it while in the browser and it hides hte left controls

Journeyman

This may seem very easy to you, but I don't know how to download the latest update. I go into my settings, then general and hit the update software, prl and data profile. But my web browser is still at 1.0. Please help. I've been waiting for this update.

Journeyman

@Damien wrote:
Beware. Updating causes you to loose your bookmark save sites. Back them up!

Or simply add them to your Favs page. Though my browser update erased my bookmarks in the browser, I had my bookmarks on the Favs page. So, after the update, I re-loaded them to the browser.

Journeyman

I've been reading this forum since i purchased my Instinct, and after downloading this update i had to register and say THANK YOU... Please brush off the negitive comments... You guys did a great job on this update and the people who are complaining will never be satisfied. The web browser is on par with similar devices now. Looking forward to the Java update, again please keep up the good work!

Journeyman

As I stated before, I will be singing Sprints praises if they do a good job on this phone.

LALAALALALAALALAAAALAALALAAAAAAA

Excellent job on the remake of the browser, I see why you wanted to wait to release it... you sure are climactic... get us going then finally give it to us.

It is a very nice job on this browser, and just to think I had started to look at other companies for cell providers. I might have to stay around and see what else you are going to do with this, if the other updates come out to be this nice, youmay redeem my full support!

Good Job Sprint

Journeyman

Nice to see the update. My calendar alerts are now working for 10 minutes, 1 hour, etc. The browser is great.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Calendar alerts are working for me too now , TV is smoother web browsing major improvement

weather crashed for me once and reverted back to main screen after checking a few different areas so far happened once but quite often before this update .

over all seems to be a major improvement .... good job sprint

Journeyman

Holy Crap! Hiding the controls to the left is amazing!!!

Journeyman

Are we going to get exactly what this update fixed? Simply saying it fixed 249 open tickets doesn't really mean that much to us since we do not know what the tickets are.

I do not see a 10x improvement speed in rendering. Browser loads pages only slightly faster, but definitely not 10x.

Old problems still remain. TV still sucks! I still challenge anyone and everyone who says that TV works fine on the Instinct to somehow record your Instinct when it is playing TV and post it on YouTube.

News videos still have problems loading. As Will said, this is most likely a problem with either AP or Handmark's server capacity. (cause we all know it couldn't possibly be the Instinct

Journeyman

Yes thank you Sprint. The update is awesome and it makes me like my phonejust that much more.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat