cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR-4 Information

Journeyman

Re: Can I assume that this means Opera compatibility? Documen...

Hmmm... remember that guy that worked for Seven... talking about them making a third party app to sync the calendar... then he and his posts suddenly disappeared?

HMMMMMMMM......

Journeyman

Re: MR-4 Information

This is what ive been waiting 4... hopefully the update will be on time and not pushed back

Journeyman

FINALLY .... I cant wait for AIM and OPERA MINI to come

Journeyman

whao!!! now we are talking!!! i am mega-glad!!! finally w...

whao!!! now we are talking!!! i am mega-glad!!! finally we are getting to turn this "multimedia" phone into a smart one. i know this was phone was capable of so much yet, to compete with the iphone, they obviously had to rush and a lot of things were overlooked. i have always liked the phone and now it's just getting better, so people lets be patient!

Journeyman

Thank you for the head's up. I honestly feel 10x better about staying with Sprint and this phone with not only MR-3 but an unanticipated MR-4 announcement. This is better customer service.

Journeyman

The only real question I have, if this update becomes a r...

The only real question I have, if this update becomes a reality, is where will these new java apps be stored? Will the 32MB of on board memory be our limit, or will they give us the ability to store applications on our microsd cards?

Journeyman

@InstinctAdmin wrote:
We anticipate an official Public Release Notes announcement of MR4 when that firmware enters certification test on 10/13 (all dates are estimates and are subject to change with no notice). Unofficially, firmware MR4 will include:

* Java refit to better enable 4-way/OK and text input to LCDUI widget-based applications
* support for native document viewing for many popular office document types including .doc, .pdf, .ppt and others
* resolution to roughly 50 additional open tickets

In my opinion, the top 3 items would be the best updates for the Instinct phone since its release!
Message Edited by wengla02 on 09-26-2008 11:49 AM

Journeyman

Re: The only real question I have, if this update becomes a r...

I think they figure that that is pleny. most palm phones have 32 megs of storage and handle it well. we should have room for at least 15-20 apps. it would be nice to store some on the card though. BTW first post from my INSTINCT!!!!!!

Journeyman

WAA!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This makes me so happy to not only hear about it, but to also see the forum come alive with excitement instead of kicking the dog. It is going to be hard to beat the Instinct now, in my humble opinion.

I cant wait for the iPhoners to start crying!

Also, i learned 3 nwe things recently about my Instinct I didnt know how to use:

1) I can forward my voicemails to an email address of phone number! I love this when I get work calls while on vacation. I just forward the voicemail message to a coworker's email address and they listen and take care of it. You can also compose a voice message and email it to someone!

2) In email applicationI can scroll to the bottom and use "find contacts" and search my corp contacts. Before I thought I could only do it when composing an email and just get their email address. I didnt realize I can get their phone numbers and office location too using this function!

3) That you could download some java applications already (ie Youtube!) and they work just find with out the keyboard support!

So, now imagine my excitement after MR3 and now the anticipated MR4 with a whole slew more of work functionality! Truly an exciting time to be a Sprint customer with an Instinct. And heck when you come on to the site and see all the new phones coming... makes you wonder what/if there will be Instinct II!

Journeyman

LOL @I cant wait for the iPhoners to start crying!
I'd love to see a couple of my friends trying to show off something else now ! I know they'll get me on accelerometer. :-(
This most makes my day. Its the high of the week. No wait, high of the week was highly anticipated update. lol This is probably high of the month.
ROCK ON SPRINT !!

Journeyman

@ilovetechnology wrote:

3) That you could download some java applications already (ie Youtube!) and they work just find with out the keyboard support!

??? How were you able to download the Youtube app? When I tried it said my phone model was not supported. You can start a new thread to keep this one on topic.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat