cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR-4 Update

Sprint Product Ambassador

MR-4 Update

The original RC for MR4 was found to contain two launch gating issues.  As a result the binary is not entering the  testing lab today.  Consequently we are not prepared today to post public relase notes for the MR as we planned.  Latest word is that we can expect an update on October 20th - we anticipate that the updated code will enter the testing lab then.  Again, all dates are subject to change with no notice.

Thanks,

Message Edited by wengla02 on 10-14-2008 10:48 AM

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: MR-4 Update

Thanks for the info!

Master

Thanks Will.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Patron

Good Part: Update

Bad Part: I dont feel surprised. I kinda figured out something happened. It's like going to check status on x situation. "Our systems are down" just so you can go away and for them to do nothing. Makes me wonder if MR info was REALLY set for today, orjust simple words. Smiley Wink I don't know, don't care. Waiting another week wouldn;t be that much anyways. Smiley Very Happy

Journeyman

no info is always the best info LOL ~!!!!!

Journeyman

Wow, didn't see that coming. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the update, Will.

Patron

Will: Thanks so much.

Sprint Devs: Come on guys, what's going on with these delays? This has got to be the third or fourth delayed update? Wouldn't hiring more people help? If so, why not do it? Sprint, if you say the Instinct is better than the iPhone, you have to back it up. You can't just brag about things when you have no reason to brag.

Journeyman

Thanks for the update!

Journeyman

what were the two issues? Perhaps we can help with ideas.

If youre not allowed to tell us, maybe you can simply tell us the severity of the issues so that we can understand how long of a delay we are looking at...

Journeyman

Here's another thanks for the update Will glad to hear the bugs were caught

Journeyman

Thanks for the update Will...... I'm patiently waiting ...:-)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the update Will. It is definately appreciated. It is probably best they discover the issue now as it is going INTO testing instead of when it is days before the target live launch. So on the bright side of things, perhaps the testing can be made up and the catch now will enable a better testing cycle.Good job Sprint!

And bravo for those adults on here who see this update for what it is, an attempt by Sprint to keep us informed and involved on their efforts.

We need tokeep in mind this was an internal milestone thatSprint said they would give us an update on when they provided BAW the announcement on the MR4 release. So they are not yet saying the overall MR will be delayed with the planned dateto go live, which they have NOT diclosed to us yet. So we cant really bash them for anything.Since this was probably news Sprint did not want to deliver, they probably have people standing by to make up the time once it does get into testing. Almost every shop I have ever worked in means when something gets delayed upstream, everyone downstream has to work mad hours to try and make up the time. It is not always possible, but does not mean people dont work their tails off to at least try. Smiley Happy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat