cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR-4 Update

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

MR-4 Update

The original RC for MR4 was found to contain two launch gating issues.  As a result the binary is not entering the  testing lab today.  Consequently we are not prepared today to post public relase notes for the MR as we planned.  Latest word is that we can expect an update on October 20th - we anticipate that the updated code will enter the testing lab then.  Again, all dates are subject to change with no notice.

Thanks,

Message Edited by wengla02 on 10-14-2008 10:48 AM

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

YEP, Just as i would expect. If you are going to try to take on the iphone you need a device that actually works. I was told that it would run all java brew apps when i bought it and that was a big fat lie.

I will be returning this POS under the 30 day warranty and get the HTC touch pro as I originally had the gut feeling to get. This is no where near an iphone killer. Just the lack of an accelerometer puts it out if the running. Just ridiculous to even release this crippled peice of junk in the first place.

Liek they say, You can sell a rock for a million bucks if the marketing is ggod enough.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And not to mention only 9 items on the calendar at a time. Come on guys, I can book more than 9 appointments at a time. This is clearly not even supposed to be in the Smartphone category at sprint.com.

Highlighted

Latest word is that we can expect an update on October 20th - we anticipate that the updated code will enter the testing lab then.  Again, all dates are subject to change with no notice. 

Also updated original post.

Thank you,

Highlighted
Journeyman

PMRUSSELL892

Note to you. Do your research before buying the phone. I (and I'm sure many others) have NO sympathy for a person that buys a product that has been our for months without doing proper research and then getting on a forum to bash them. The phone is lacking, but your complaints cover the basic features of the phone that have been exploited from the beginning.

Again. Be a good consumer and do your research and find a product that works in your life the best.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Will but I want to clarify. In your post you say:

@wengla02 wrote:

Latest word is that we can expect an update on October 20th - we anticipate that the updated code will enter the testing lab then. Again, all dates are subject to change with no notice.

Also updated original post.

Thank you,

You then say you anticipate it will go into TESTING at that date. Kind of confusing. Please clarify if the consumer will get the update then or if it will merely go into testing. (I know that no dates are solid, but please help!)

THANKS WILL!

Highlighted
Journeyman

To be clear, Will, you mean a communication update, right? Not an actual update to our phones on 10/20? If the code is entering testing on the 20th, I can't imagine anything will happen on our end at that date.

I can just see people jumping out of the woodwork claiming we are supposed to see an update to our phones on Oct. 20th when really all we can expect is a notice from Sprint.

Please clarify. Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moth, having more cooks in the kitchen doesn't result in you getting your meal faster or better.

Message Edited by fallen888 on 10-14-2008 10:58 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@techwanna wrote:

To be clear, Will, you mean a communication update, right? Not an actual update to our phones on 10/20? If the code is entering testing on the 20th, I can't imagine anything will happen on our end at that date.

I can just see people jumping out of the woodwork claiming we are supposed to see an update to our phones on Oct. 20th when really all we can expect is a notice from Sprint.

Please clarify. Thanks

Latest word is that we can expect an update on October 20th - we anticipate that the updated code will enter the testing lab then.

MR-4 will just be going in to testing then if the code is fixed in time, not a real update just them updating us on MR-4 going into the testing phase. Nothing more.

People already are thinking it's a update and not just update on info for us here. People will be beligerant and fuming over their own over sight of the facts. Swearing Sprint dropped the ball, when clearly they didn't look at the facts more closely.

Message Edited by Tofucakee on 10-14-2008 10:48 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds good, thanks

Highlighted

Correct - the code will enter the testing phase and be locked down at that point.  Then we will know for sure what is in / not in the release and can publish the release notes.

The update will NOT be available until some time after 10-20; we will have to complete testing, submit for approvals, schedule time on the network systems and then release for the public.  I do not have a timeframe for that - November at the earliest is my personal guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Will for the clarification.

As much as the problems with this phone have bothered me, I actually have enjoyed being an "early adopter" and able to watch the product improve over time. It is, first and foremost, a phone afterall, and it has always been a good one. I expect to enjoy it more over time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sam.giltner

I dont care if you have sympathy or not.  It is a childs toy and should not be in the category of SMARTPHONE.

Message Edited by MikeLee on 10-14-2008 04:06 PM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat