Did you mean: 

MR-6 Question

Highlighted
Master

MR-6 Question

ADP/Public Release Notes for Instinct Firmware Update MR6

Version: CD17

Delivery: OTA

Projected Release Date: 06/15 (client initiated; network initiated target 6/22) Projected Release Dates are best estimates and are subject to change with no notice.

Notes: Instinct firmware CD17 includes the resolution of production tickets open since the previous public firmware release, CA10, including:

• Resolution of unexplained Privacy Mode setting being moved to On. These settings shave been removed from the menus / PRI and as a result of its value always is OFF.
  • .m4a Media files are now placed in correct media storage folder on the SD card during a Bluetooth file transfer
  • RSS Reader in the Web Browser has been correctly implemented and now works as designed
  • Private Calls are no longer being assigned to ALL contacts History
  • Navigation from alert landing page no longer periodically crashes the application in use
  • Reminder Alerts in the SME calendar time now decrements appropriately on subsequent notifications when snooze function is used or the initial reminder is ignored

The release also upgrades the device to contain the new Sprint Java Open API policy with this launch there will be a consistent set of OPEN APIs for Java application developers to build across these devices.

Individual application upgrades are still being pushed periodically, and release notes / communications for these are being posted separately from this core software upgrade notice. All dates are estimates and are subject to change with no notice. Exact go-live dates depend on application vendor.

Version: CE19

Delivery: OTA

Projected Release Date: 06/15 (client initiated; network initiated target 6/22) Projected Release Dates are best estimates and are subject to change with no notice.

Notes: Instinct firmware CE19 includes the resolution of production tickets open since the previous public firmware release at device launch, CB26, including:

• Resolution of unexplained Privacy Mode setting being moved to On. These settings shave been removed from the menus / PRI and as a result of its value always is OFF.
  • Java, JSR135, Camera support applications now able to call this API without crashing the device
  • Sprint TV no longer hangs in the video player after playing a Video On Demand clip
  • Vibration for alerts now stops when music is playing, instead of persisting until application exit
  • Long audio files (30 minutes+) will now play

The release also upgrades the device to contain the new Sprint Java Open API policy with this launch there will be a consistent set of OPEN APIs for Java application developers to build across these devices.

Individual application upgrades are still being pushed periodically, and release notes / communications for these are being posted separately from this core software upgrade notice. All dates are estimates and are subject to change with no notice. Exact go-live dates depend on application vendor.

Just to be clear, There will be "TWO" updates for MR-6released 6/15?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: MR-6 Question

One is for the S30. The CE19 I think.

There are some good fixes (theoretically) implemented here, but there are some significant oversights as well. It wouldbe great to know why there's no screen lock on this list as it's the most requested and glaring omission. Sure would also like to know why voice command is so quite over Bluetooth and why I can't access anything but my inbox through Email and why messages I send in email don't show up in the sent folders anywhere but my phone and why my browser always puts @!#!@ sprint in front of the address and why I can't view PDF's in the browser and probably one or two other things.

That being said, thanks for getting that info out Sarah. You should slap your bosses for holding it back this long. I've been with sprint for 10 years and I've seen the customer service wax and wane, but there complete lack of dialogue on what appeared to be their flagship phone is pushing me to an iPhone (monthly costs be damned!) at the end of my contract if not sooner.

Highlighted
Master

My bad, Sorry! I thought they said that after MR-6 both would be using the same firmware. Must be not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Private Calls are no longer being assigned to ALL contacts History

Well THANK GOODNESS Sprint developers got this fixed!

I've heard this soo many times from us Instinct owners

I'll bet theyspent all their time fixing importantissues like this that they didn't have time to work on petty stuff like SCREEN LOCK during calls?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm glad to see the snooze fix, but disappointed in the rest.

Journeyman

*yawn*

and what is a private call? what was the problem with that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Levi4u wrote:
My bad, Sorry! I thought they said that after MR-6 both would be using the same firmware. Must be not.

I thought the same thing.

There may be differences in the code due to hardware differences. Also there is no mention of removing the Handmark app. The different names make sense if the actual code is different.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@oneMadRssn wrote:

and what is a private call? what was the problem with that?

Re: Private Calls are no longer being assigned to ALL contacts History

An example of a private call is one identifed as "Blocked ID". btw...my favorite sound effect on the Instinct is if you go into Recent Calls in History and press on "Blocked ID" (if you have one)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see.

I wonder if they see locking the screen during a call an "added feature", and the developers are only allowed to fix bugs in "existing features". All added features are reserved for future phones, such as the Dare / Instinct 2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK.....now we know what "fixes" will be coming in MR-6. Now lets start a discussion about the things that will be "broken" in MR-6! Oh what are the possibilities there will be nothing broken! My bet is a 5% chance all goes well.

Highlighted
Patron

Is Sprint serious? No lock during calls yet...even exactly one year after release. lol 😄

Oh well, my petition was useless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

seems that most of our requests and suggestions have been useless

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat