cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR-6 is live

Journeyman

Re: MR-6 is live

Just tried, and after getting it to download but not install 3 or 4 times, I got one error and now a "no update available". Looks like this wasn't ready.

Journeyman

There is a new policy txt below the old. Modded once again! Now all my apps work except Pandora. NOW....my phone is truly "open" once again. Thanks for nothin Sprint. There had better be a fix for Pandora soon, or you, Sprint, have lost yet another customer when my contract expires.

Highlighted
Journeyman

my sports and weather wont load, they just go to the circle loading icon then the screen reloads and makes a tink noise and its on the icon selection screen again? Maybe due to the update? will try again in the AM. Anyone else having problems w/ these 2 loading?

Journeyman

Just installed MR6 and my sports and weather load fine, I've also not done the upgrade for those.

Journeyman

can we report sprint to the BBB ?? LOL

Message Edited by aztecamix on 06-10-2009 10:09 PM

Journeyman

Journeyman

The only things that work on my "Web" tab are the Web button, Live Search, and My Account. Sports doesn't work. Weather doesn't work. News doesn't work. Movies doesn't work. Nice, Sprint, four out of the seven apps on this tab are out! Please tell us how to fix this mess of a phone!

Journeyman

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I noticed that News, Movies, Weather, and Sports were not functioning BEFORE I ever updated to MR 6today 6:45 CDT. We had a major storm in progress and I wanted a simple weather update. BOOM!Not working. So I did the software up date. I had to download it twice before it gave me the installation option.So MR-6 didn't brick those applications, I'm assuming that Sprint has disabled them.Maybe there's updates for those too in the pipelines or they've been suspended to make bandwidthroom for MR 6? Thats my theory.

If those features are being taken away from us too, I'll cough up the bucks to cancel my contract and sign up for an iPhone 3GS. The hell with the cost, I just want a phone that WORKS AS ADVERTISED! We still don't have a native stock application one year after the phone's launch. The music player has a bogus limitation on songs. What the heck am I going to do withmy recently purchased8 GB microSDHC card even though I'm not near the limit, but it seems pointless to put more if eventually the player is going to crap out on us? We still have a browser in desperate need of a major upgrade. After I upgraded I notice the UI was faster, but I still get the browser out of memory error at Paul Thurrott's Supersite for Windows and several other websites. When the heck is this phone and its featuresgoing to be fixed? Frankly, the many iPhone 3G are going to work 10 times better with 3.0 software, whilie Sprint gives us patch work fixes that haven't done squat to really improve performance.

I'm a patient man but I'm starting to really lose my patience with Sprint. These guys make Microsoft look 20 times better. At least Microsoft hasgottheir gametogether with Windows 7. Each day that we sit here with this 1/4 complete phone, is another day that my contract will come to a close and i'mdone with Sprint. I really want to know, what the hell are they doing up there at Overland Park, Kansas? I really have not ever met a company that's so inept at basic customer service. It looks like AT&T just might get my business back, because at least all of these features actually worked. Heck, my old Katana DLX worked better!

I wish we could get the board of directors for Sprint to fire Dan Hesse and the entire command structure at Sprint. How can anyone say this phone is good when it doesn't do half of what it was advertised to do? I'm really at my wit's end when it comes to Sprint and the Instinct. Now, I know my comments on Engadget were just being kind. How many more features must we lose before the phone loses its ability to accept calls?

Wizard

Yes Pandora is not working for me, but all Handmark apps are. I would suggest everyone doing a reboot with removing the battery after the update is complete.

Please fix Pandora. Otherwise, I am excited for the increased openness of this upgrade.

Journeyman

Edited for Spinxy: Great job Sprint, another job well done, Pandora is over rated And my browser is never better,The browser resetting the phoneis the phone's way of saying " I love you "

Journeyman

@goygacon wrote:

I've rebooted more times in the last 12 hours than I have in the last Year...all they've done is given everyone the policy hack that's been around for the last 6 months or so...and if you know anyone with the policy hack, then your not missing much. you can save Pictures in Opera Mini...Awe, you can even download googlemaps 2.3.2 and it works...if you have games that work on the Instinct but weren't made specifically for the Instinct, those games now have sound, but still no keypad/4 way/ghetto thing they gave us to go with those games...They removed the privacy part on the browser, when they could have removed the entire browser, it's as useless as the privacy mode it came with...nice to know I can now single tap to input information, but on a browser that has memory/reset/remembering issues, what's the point unless you enjoy slow torture. If only signed versions of apps work with our phone, then what went wrong with Pandora? Even they want to know what the heck Sprint is doing...the reps/mods here could care less, now that everyone is stuck in Pre Land...yada, yada, yada, I'm done...Sprint! Your Stupid...just my opinion...wasting my money on this joke of a phone, and all these extra sd cards so I can slowly watch you screw it up...Yep, that's how I wanted to spend my two years...Sanford would say " you big dummy! " yeah, I fit that script well...

Dude seriously, all this juvenile rambling just to say your angry Pandora doesn't work...everything else you write is stated in the MR6 realease notes, I mean what were you expecting, something other than what was indicated? You say its only the policy hack as if every Instinct owner out there hacks their policy. Basically as has been stated a million times before if you are hurting this badly inside get a new phone. Yeah I know it seems like all I do is criticize other peoples post, but hey as customers we want Sprint to respect our opinions and concerns but yet your post and many others are nothing but disrespectful to Sprint, I have never seen Will, Sarah, or any other Sprint employee on this site disrespect any of you but yet posters here will be as disrespectful as they like. Dude, do me a favor, and speak like an adult about your concerns regarding this update.

Journeyman

@Sphinx wrote:

Dude seriously, all this juvenile rambling just to say your angry Pandora doesn't work...everything else you write is stated in the MR6 realease notes, I mean what were you expecting, something other than what was indicated? You say its only the policy hack as if every Instinct owner out there hacks their policy. Basically as has been stated a million times before if you are hurting this badly inside get a new phone. Yeah I know it seems like all I do is criticize other peoples post, but hey as customers we want Sprint to respect our opinions and concerns but yet your post and many others are nothing but disrespectful to Sprint, I have never seen Will, Sarah, or any other Sprint employee on this site disrespect any of you but yet posters here will be as disrespectful as they like. Dude, do me a favor, and speak like an adult about your concerns regarding this update.

Seriously??? An update that took a year didn't fix much of what was already broken and broke the one useful app that's appeared in all that time and you think we should be happy about it? A new phone does seem to be the right answer but why should we have to pay an ETF on something misrepresented this badly?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat