cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR6 - Any official info?

Journeyman

Re: MR6 - Any official info?

If the mystery behind the blue word highlight when texting will ever be answered. What was this phone capable of doing that it cannot now? opening restrictions is gonna create more ?'s than answers...

Journeyman

When I say blue highlight, I'm not talking about auto correct...but a missing piece to another question that has never been answered...Hope you boys and girls have your stock responses ready to go

Journeyman

bump

Journeyman

Yeah, right. There are 6 days left in May. Not having a target release date by now is a sure sign that they're not going to make it.

Failed again, Sprint - no surprise.

Journeyman

We (Sprints current customers) are now nothing more than an afterthought. Sprint now has bigger fish to fry with the Pre's debut next month. If in fact there is another update, it wouldnt surprise me in the least , if we dont see it for another 2 months or at least until the Pre buzz dies down. I wonder how many million customers leave Sprint before "Senior Hess" removes his head from the toilet and gets off the sauce......I can think of no other excuse for the incredibly bad business decisions being made other than outright stupidity.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys have got to stop it with the negativity if you want your questions to be answered. It was announced a month ago at least that MR-6 is scheduled for a June release date. You can check it out for yourself in the educational webcast. But seriously, ask in a constructive manner and be patient. The only reason you haven't received a definite answer is because everytime someone from sprint gives an answer on these forums everyone starts freaking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VprknppgZWc&feature=channel

Go to

6:30

There you go. That's your answer.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>FannyPackInstinct wrote:<br><p>You guys have got to stop it with the negativity if you want your questions to be answered. It was announced a month ago at least that MR-6 is scheduled for a June release date. You can check it out for yourself in the educational webcast. But seriously, ask in a constructive manner and be patient. The only reason you haven't received a definite answer is because everytime someone from sprint gives an answer on these forums everyone starts freaking out.</p><p></p><p><a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VprknppgZWc&amp;feature=channel">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VprknppgZWc&amp;feature=channel</a></p><p></p><p>Go to</p><p>6:30</p><p>There you go. That's your answer.</p><hr></blockquote><p></p><p>What I heard was "probably" mid-late June....The keyword(s) that stood out for me was "SUMMERTIME". As in a timeframe of sometime in the Summer(Jun, Jul, or Aug). That's what I heard. Then again I work around Jets, my hearing may be off. Smiley Happy</p><p></p><p>There have been many people that have asked questions in a "constructive" manner. Many of those questions have yet to be answered. Some of these questions that have yet to be answered go back to June 2008.</p>

Journeyman

@FannyPackInstinct wrote:

You guys have got to stop it with the negativity if you want your questions to be answered. It was announced a month ago at least that MR-6 is scheduled for a June release date. You can check it out for yourself in the educational webcast. But seriously, ask in a constructive manner and be patient. The only reason you haven't received a definite answer is because everytime someone from sprint gives an answer on these forums everyone starts freaking out.

Go to

Outside of the half-joking barb I threw in about adding ads on the Favs page, there wasn't anything derogatory in my original post. I believe people have asked for a link to the webcast before but it was never answered, thank for posting the link.

As for MR-6 being released NEXT month, I'm dissapointed. In the orginal press release for the s30 it was stated the M800 phones would be updated in May. Again, more delays.

I also don't know why my question couldn't have been answered last week, seeing as how the information has been out since at least May 5.

Master

@FannyPackInstinct wrote:

Go to

What? That's news to me,

QUOTE;

Hey, this is Nathan from the Sprint Application Developer Program, with this recent announcement I wanted to add some additional thoughts.

First we released a press release about the upcoming Samsung Instinct S30 handset, and in it we announced this will be the first open CDMA Java enabled handset that allows developer open access to the core enabling Java APIs including the camera, playing audio/video files, streaming content, sending and receiving messages, accessing/writing to the file directory, Bluetooth, accessing/writing to contacts, and more.

Second, in the same press release we announce plans to release another software update for the Samsung Instinct to match the access to the core enabling APIs and that should be coming in late May.We feel this is exciting news in that it really puts the power of development/innovation with the development community.

Journeyman

OK, so that is 2 conflicting time frames given by 2 different Sprint employeed developers. WILL......would you please give us some information. If there is gonna be an update, even by the end of June, there has to be some info floating around your office. Please....find out and pass it on to us.

Wizard

This kind of situation demonstrates why it's hard for me to get dates from people to post publicly. Both answers were correct given the info known at the time.

Every MR, software release etc has a target release date, but there are so many moving parts and testing phases that it's hard to predict exactly when the software will be ready.

Journeyman

@SarahKS wrote:

This kind of situation demonstrates why it's hard for me to get dates from people to post publicly. Both answers were correct given the info known at the time.

Every MR, software release etc has a target release date, but there are so many moving parts and testing phases that it's hard to predict exactly when the software will be ready.

Sarah, I think most people here understand and appreciate the floating nature of release dates. What's difficult to understand is why it is so hard to get updated information from Sprint. The last printed information we had for MR6 was that it was scheduled to be released in late May. Sometime between that press release and the developers webcast MR6 was delayed for a month. Outside of that webcast (which a good majority of people here did not listen to) where was that information released? Was it ever put in an official statement? Why would that not be posted here, in Sprint's official forum for the Instinct?

One of the main issues people here have had with Sprint regarding this phone is lack of information, and Sprint agains fuels this fire. Personally I'm not overly distrought about MR6 being delayed, but I and everyone else would be less upset if Sprint had made a public statement LAST MONTH when they knew of the delay, instead of us finding out now when we were expecting to see the update in the next couple of days. It's just a matter of timing, and it befuddles me that Sprint has such a hard time with that concept.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat