cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Manager for Instinct crashes laptop

Journeyman

Media Manager for Instinct crashes laptop

Hi - I bought the SamsungInstinct recently for my son and received it Friday 8/15/08. He placed the media manager cd in his three-month old Acer laptop and the laptop completely crashed. It was working beautifully before he attempted to install the files from the media manager. What actually happened was that the laptop immediately started running an automatic windows repair program which ran for about seven minutes then returned the message that it was unable to repair the problem. I called Sprint and a representative told me to take the laptop to the place we bought it and, if they determined that the Sprint software was to blame, to call them back to make arrangements (I assumed to help me pay for repairs).I took the laptop to Circuit City and they said there wereoperating system files that were actually missing and they had to re-install them to the tune of $300.00 (the laptop is only three months old - at this rate, I'll be broke after a couple years!).They also said it was likely that this was caused by the Sprint software that we had attempted to install because: 1) the laptop was working prior to that and 2) they had seen this happen before with other "air cards" when people attempted to install on a Vista system. (The Sprint CD said it was compatible with Vista.) I called Sprint back and, of course, there's "nothing they can do" (so they say) and they blamed it on the Windows version I had (again the computer is three months old and frequently updated as we are online everyday). The representative said it couldn't possibly be the software they sent. So I get on this Sprint-sponsored forum and find that people are having all kinds of problems with that program. No wonder Sprint is rated the absolute LOWEST across the board in customer satisfaction surveysfor cell phone service providers. I can't wait for my contract to expire!!

Anyway, be careful and don't rely on Sprint to help you out if problems occur. I'm not done trying to make them accountable for faulty software and I anticipate a long battle with Sprint, based on prior experience.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Media Manager for Instinct crashes laptop

You can download an updated version of Media Manager from:

http://www.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/phones/samsung_instinct.shtml

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

...not if my laptop has crashed!! :0) Seriously, thanks for the advice. I may try doing that once I get it back from Circuit City.

Journeyman

BTW - I accidentally clicked the "solution accepted" tab - I do NOT consider this a viable solution to my problem and still feel as if Sprint is not cooperating.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I've unmarked the 'solution' for you.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat