cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MicroSD Card Size Cap?

Highlighted
Journeyman

MicroSD Card Size Cap?

Does anyone know if the Instinct has a max cap on the size of MicroSD card you can use in it?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: MicroSD Card Size Cap?

8GBClass6isthebest(fastest)andmaximum.

Class2(2Mb/sec)
Class4(4Mb/sec)
Class6(6Mb/sec)

CananybodyposttheirexperienceswiththeClass6?

Watchwhat youbuyonebay,Amazonoranyotherdistrubuter.Mostofthe8GBmicroSdsareClass2or4(theslowercards).

TheSprintInstinctisanawesomephone.Bepatient,Sprintwillfixalltheissues!

Message Edited by iorI on 09-11-2008 11:39 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Manual says 8gb is the max and I am using an 8gb without any problem. I've read elsewhere that someone got a 16gb card to work, but where he found a 16gb microsd card is beyond me.

amazon has 8gb cards for $30 🙂 whatever you do, DO NOT BUY YOUR CARD FROM SPRINT! They are beyond over priced! You can get the 8gb cards online for what a 2gb would cost you at a Sprint store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Watchwhat youbuyonebay

You must be EXTREMELY careful when buying any type of storage card from ebay whether its microSD, a Mem Stick, or what ever else there is. There are A LOT of counterfeit mem sticks up on ebay. I learned that lesson already. Lucky I made a dispute with paypal and got my money back. Also contacted Sony and told them that these people were selling counterfeit fake "Sony"mem sticks. (I bought an 8 Gig MS Pro Duo for my psp)

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Damien wrote:

Watchwhat youbuyonebay

You must be EXTREMELY careful when buying any type of storage card from ebay whether its microSD, a Mem Stick, or what ever else there is. There are A LOT of counterfeit mem sticks up on ebay. I learned that lesson already. Lucky I made a dispute with paypal and got my money back. Also contacted Sony and told them that these people were selling counterfeit fake "Sony"mem sticks. (I bought an 8 Gig MS Pro Duo for my psp)

I totally agree. I just got my 8Gb from NewEgg.com. They have really cheap prices for MicroSDs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Newgg Rocks

got my 8Gb card there aswell class 4 and works great

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got an 8GB ADATA microSDHC Turbo series Class 6 card fr...

I got an 8GB ADATA microSDHC Turbo series Class 6 card from Newegg - it doesn't work in my Instinct. Perhaps another brand would work. They are taking them back, replacing one and giving me a credit for the other one. If you guys say an SDHC will work, as opposed to a standard SD card, then I'll try another brand.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I got an 8GB ADATA microSDHC Turbo series Class 6 card fr...

8 gig sdhc class 6 works fine, and it's plenty fast loading up. Mines maxed out, and way faster than the 2 gig that came with it

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got a 4Gb class 4 card...only becasue it was on sale for $5.99 and it came with a USB card reader.

My wife got me a 2Gb card for Christmas...she didn't know about sizes...from the Sprint Store...it cost her $39.00. It came with a card reader too. We took that one back to say the least.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i got a 4gig for $10 it's quite speedy and 4 gigs hold alot, it helps that there really aren't apps though, but anyway, i did hear a firmware upgrade would make the instinct manage 16gig

Highlighted
Master

@moda wrote:
i got a 4gig for $10 it's quite speedy and 4 gigs hold alot, it helps that there really aren't apps though, but anyway, i did hear a firmware upgrade would make the instinct manage 16gig

Users on this forum have tested up to 16gand it works fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok, cool didn't know that. when i need to upgrade from the 4 gig i'll def look into the 16gig. thanks for the info

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat