Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MicroSD Card Size Cap?

Highlighted
Journeyman

MicroSD Card Size Cap?

Does anyone know if the Instinct has a max cap on the size of MicroSD card you can use in it?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: MicroSD Card Size Cap?

8GBClass6isthebest(fastest)andmaximum.

Class2(2Mb/sec)
Class4(4Mb/sec)
Class6(6Mb/sec)

CananybodyposttheirexperienceswiththeClass6?

Watchwhat youbuyonebay,Amazonoranyotherdistrubuter.Mostofthe8GBmicroSdsareClass2or4(theslowercards).

TheSprintInstinctisanawesomephone.Bepatient,Sprintwillfixalltheissues!

Message Edited by iorI on 09-11-2008 11:39 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Manual says 8gb is the max and I am using an 8gb without any problem. I've read elsewhere that someone got a 16gb card to work, but where he found a 16gb microsd card is beyond me.

amazon has 8gb cards for $30 🙂 whatever you do, DO NOT BUY YOUR CARD FROM SPRINT! They are beyond over priced! You can get the 8gb cards online for what a 2gb would cost you at a Sprint store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Watchwhat youbuyonebay

You must be EXTREMELY careful when buying any type of storage card from ebay whether its microSD, a Mem Stick, or what ever else there is. There are A LOT of counterfeit mem sticks up on ebay. I learned that lesson already. Lucky I made a dispute with paypal and got my money back. Also contacted Sony and told them that these people were selling counterfeit fake "Sony"mem sticks. (I bought an 8 Gig MS Pro Duo for my psp)

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Damien wrote:

Watchwhat youbuyonebay

You must be EXTREMELY careful when buying any type of storage card from ebay whether its microSD, a Mem Stick, or what ever else there is. There are A LOT of counterfeit mem sticks up on ebay. I learned that lesson already. Lucky I made a dispute with paypal and got my money back. Also contacted Sony and told them that these people were selling counterfeit fake "Sony"mem sticks. (I bought an 8 Gig MS Pro Duo for my psp)

I totally agree. I just got my 8Gb from NewEgg.com. They have really cheap prices for MicroSDs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Newgg Rocks

got my 8Gb card there aswell class 4 and works great

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got an 8GB ADATA microSDHC Turbo series Class 6 card fr...

I got an 8GB ADATA microSDHC Turbo series Class 6 card from Newegg - it doesn't work in my Instinct. Perhaps another brand would work. They are taking them back, replacing one and giving me a credit for the other one. If you guys say an SDHC will work, as opposed to a standard SD card, then I'll try another brand.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I got an 8GB ADATA microSDHC Turbo series Class 6 card fr...

8 gig sdhc class 6 works fine, and it's plenty fast loading up. Mines maxed out, and way faster than the 2 gig that came with it

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got a 4Gb class 4 card...only becasue it was on sale for $5.99 and it came with a USB card reader.

My wife got me a 2Gb card for Christmas...she didn't know about sizes...from the Sprint Store...it cost her $39.00. It came with a card reader too. We took that one back to say the least.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i got a 4gig for $10 it's quite speedy and 4 gigs hold alot, it helps that there really aren't apps though, but anyway, i did hear a firmware upgrade would make the instinct manage 16gig

Master

@moda wrote:
i got a 4gig for $10 it's quite speedy and 4 gigs hold alot, it helps that there really aren't apps though, but anyway, i did hear a firmware upgrade would make the instinct manage 16gig

Users on this forum have tested up to 16gand it works fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok, cool didn't know that. when i need to upgrade from the 4 gig i'll def look into the 16gig. thanks for the info

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat