ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Microbrew' and other bugs to be fixed in MR-3 firmware update

'Microbrew' and other bugs to be fixed in MR-3 firmware update

Sprint Product Development has announced that MR-3 will be releasing later this month - this software update will fix many of the bugs in the web-browser including crashes, rendering speed and more.  This is a full rewrite of the browser.  Over 249 bugs have been fixed, including the handset crash on entering text like 'microbrew', 'townhouse' and others.

Full details can be found on the Sprint Developer forum

19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

Re: 'Microbrew' and other bugs to be fixed in MR-3 firmware update

This is good to hear, I can't wait to see how things turn out.

Journeyman

Thanks for the update...do you know if it will include te...

Thanks for the update...do you know if it will include text wrapping so scrolling off screen to read sentences won't be necessary anymore?

<blockquote><hr>InstinctAdmin wrote:<br><p>Sprint Product Development has announced that MR-3 will be releasing later this month - this software update will fix many of the bugs in the web-browser including crashes, rendering speed and more. This is a full rewrite of the browser. Over 249 bugs have been fixed, including the handset crash on entering text like 'microbrew', 'townhouse' and others.</p><p></p><p>Full details can be found on the <a target="_blank" href="http://developer.sprint.com/show_thread.do?forumId=378&amp;searchBy2=MSG_PARENT_ID&amp;searchValue2=-1&amp;searchBy3=MSGFORUM_FORUMID&amp;searchValue3=378&amp;ps=10&amp;pn=1&amp;threadid=26267&amp;sortDirection=0&amp;sortCol=MSG_AUDIT_CREATE_DT">Sprint Developer forum</a></p><hr></blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><blockquote>The post says nothing about the microbrew crash, but if you say so, I'm glad we can now type 'microbrew', and 'townhouse'. I don't have a 'townhouse' yet, but I often text my friends about one day owning a 'townhouse', and often I write about the imagined bliss of drinking my own 'microbrew' in that 'townhouse'. :)</blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><blockquote>Thanks for the extra bit of info!</blockquote><p></p>

Master

Not enough details though on all this update will fix. He didn't mention the keyboard issue which in my opinion should be first and foremost. Is the "microbrew" issuemore importent than the keyboard. Will it be mostly a web browser update?

Journeyman nt1
Journeyman

To be consistent, let's use the same name: MR3 update=BH2...

To be consistent, let's use the same name: MR3 update=BH29 update sheduled on 9/17?

Patron

well...its a start cant wait!

well...its a start cant wait!

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>mrjackiewhite wrote:<br><blockquote><hr>InstinctAdmin wrote:<br><p>Sprint Product Development has announced that MR-3 will be releasing later this month - this software update will fix many of the bugs in the web-browser including crashes, rendering speed and more. This is a full rewrite of the browser. Over 249 bugs have been fixed, including the handset crash on entering text like 'microbrew', 'townhouse' and others.</p><p></p><p>Full details can be found on the <a target="_blank" href="http://developer.sprint.com/show_thread.do?forumId=378&amp;searchBy2=MSG_PARENT_ID&amp;searchValue2=-1&amp;searchBy3=MSGFORUM_FORUMID&amp;searchValue3=378&amp;ps=10&amp;pn=1&amp;threadid=26267&amp;sortDirection=0&amp;sortCol=MSG_AUDIT_CREATE_DT">Sprint Developer forum</a></p><hr></blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><blockquote>The post says nothing about the microbrew crash, but if you say so, I'm glad we can now type 'microbrew', and 'townhouse'. I don't have a 'townhouse' yet, but I often text my friends about one day owning a 'townhouse', and often I write about the imagined bliss of drinking my own 'microbrew' in that 'townhouse'. :)</blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><blockquote>Thanks for the extra bit of info!</blockquote><p></p><hr></blockquote><p></p><p></p><p>mrjackiehwhite... witty and funnypost... I like it!</p><p></p><p></p>

Patron

@InstinctAdmin wrote:

Sprint Product Development has announced that MR-3 will be releasing later this month - this software update will fix many of the bugs in the web-browser including crashes, rendering speed and more. This is a full rewrite of the browser. Over 249 bugs have been fixed, including the handset crash on entering text like 'microbrew', 'townhouse' and others.

Full details can be found on the Sprint Developer forum

Full details? Am I missing something here?

Full details would be a complete list of the 249 included bug fixes, not a 5 day old post that we have all seen that reveals 3 changes. While I am completely overwhelmed that you are making the official announcement of the fix for the "microbrew" bug that has just been plaguing us all, I kinda want more.

Let me know what you are doing to my phone please.

Journeyman

I knew Sprint would fix the bugs!!! Just gotta be patient.

Thank you Sprint. The Instinct is awesome!!

Journeyman

@iorI wrote:

I knew Sprint would fix the bugs!!! Just gotta be patient.

I am not worry about the bugs fixes, I am worried about the NEW BUGS that are going to be introduced. My Instinct now has 5 serious bugs that were not on the phone when I bought it.

Every update has introduced more bugs then solved from my perspective.

Message Edited by joe1234 on 09-10-2008 03:48 PM

Journeyman

I didn't see any FULL DETAILS, just the stuff that was already posted here last week. It is nice to know that we are getting something in addition to the browser update, but apparently that part of the FULL DETAILS is not very '"full"

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat