cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing History and visual voicemails

Highlighted
Journeyman

Missing History and visual voicemails

Maybe this is a known issue/limitation but I just discovered that the Instinct purges older calls from History and older voicemails. 2 days ago I tried to look for an old call in History and I was missing all history from 7/10-7/23. I thought I had somehow deleted them, considering there were older calls still recorded from 7/10 back. Today I just went back to look for a call made on 7/24 and noticed that all calls from before 7/23 are now gone.

I checked my visual voicemail thinking I would be able to find the number I was looking for there and all of my voice mail from before 7/21 is missing as well. Is this a bug? does it do an automatic purge?This is a huge problem for me if I can't keep even a months worth of calls and voice mails stored.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Missing History and visual voicemails

The call history on the device is a list of up to 240 phone numbers or contacts  ( 80 incoming, 80 outgoing, and 80 missed ).  There is not a way to change the number which is saved to say more for incoming and outgoing and less for Missed.  After the history reaches 80 then when the next call is made, received or missed the device will delete the call the furthest back for the specific type of call.

For the Visual Voice Mail the Instinct will accommodate at total of 30 minutes of messages on the handset. If a new message arrives and there is not enough space on the device to download the message the oldest message will be deleted from the device.  You can prevent a message from being deleted by locking that specific message then the next oldest message would be deleted.  For any message deleted from the device it will still be available in the voice mail system and you can reach the message by dialing your 10 digit number and following the system prompts.  Saved messages are available for 5 days and new messages are available for 30 days.  You can also if you wish send a voice mail message to an email address.

Journeyman

The problem is not the amount of calls stored in history. Even when I have made/received/missed less than 20 calls total, I am still missing calls from history. Is there any solution to this problem yet?

Journeyman

This may not be the answer to the question you are asking, but: When I look at History, I see only the most recent call activity (either an Incoming, Outgoing or Missed) for each Contact. I have to actually click the '>' sign on the right side of the History list, go to the Contact, and then click "Contact's history" to get the recent history for that contact.

Having said that, Sprint151's description above about the maximum amount of History/Visual Voicemails that can be saved on the phone is a bit troubling. If Sprint151's description is accurate - and I have no reason to believe it isn't - then this is just another pathetic "feature" of this "could've-been-great" Instinct phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat